The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Reason For Flaming Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
I just got one and while I was waiting to get it I was trying to think of a great reason for taking out my wallet and having it burst in flames.

I mostly got it for my promo video, but now I'm thinking (or at least trying to) of a way to add it to my stage show.

Anyone use it on stage care to comment?

Thanks!
Josh London
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Maybe if you have a spec on stage and "for being a good sport" (if you broke something of theirs if it was in a comedy routine or something) "I'll give you some cash". Then pull out the wallet.

Maybe?
-Vinnie
mergardmagic
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of mergardmagic
There is always the somewhat lame, but fun response. I usually perform it at the end of a bank night routine, and I take out my wallet to put the money I was left with back inside, and I use the line, "that was a hot trick!"... its lame, it's not mine, but it is fun...

Sean
joshlondon17
View Profile
Special user
San Diego, CA
685 Posts

Profile of joshlondon17
I've been tring to work on a routine or some bit of business for quite some time now and only have concluded that the flaming wallet is more of a gag than anything. I cannot see myself pulling my wallet out and it bursting into flames and me saying a cheesy line.

That frustrates me since it's so cool looking.

I guess I'll just reserve it for my promo video.

Josh London
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Maybe a little mini routine where you discuss how you have been working on pyrokinesis, and you make a couple of things burst into flames. Then you cant stop, and various things you touch throughout the show keep flashing "against your will". Hopefully the audience will be torn between the urge to laugh at the gag, and in awe of the continued flashes.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
Maybe in church whan they pass the plate...oh wait, that's not part of an act. >:)

Perhaps you could vanish some fire (or flaming item of your choice) to make it re-appear from your wallet?

Or maybe a one liner about inflation getting out of hand?

For a comedy bit, you could loudly have flatulence to then pull your wallet out of a back pocket on fire? Seems like it would be a hit for any kid's show.

Bizarre ending for a routine about a pact signed with the devil and as if you were intending to show the document only to open a firey wallet and the "document" dissolve in flames.

I'm sure you can come up with better uses.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I opened with mine the other night telling them that the host wanted me to warm up the audience so I thought I would give some money away...opened the wallet, then it burst into flames...I guess that'll warm you up!
aquamage
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of aquamage
Harry Anderson's "Buffalo Bills" Routine has a good idea to use during the routine that is funny and makes sense...check it out.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
There's always the "I've got money to BURN" line Smile
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
If you make anythig vanish in a flash of fire (money, ring, etc), you can always tell the spectator not to worry. That you have fire insurance. Open the wallet, flames fly out, and you produce their item from your wallet.

Just a thought.

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Rich-Entertainment
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Rich-Entertainment
I have a great routine that I usually finish my set on.

I have a card preloaded in the wallet, for instance 3 Clubs

Force the 3 of clubs using a normal deck and loose it completely in the deck. Explain that you always like performing this trick last because it is guarenteed to work.... why!!! because you sold your soul to the devil.

Explain that you will shuffle the cards 3 times and their selection will appear at the top. Shuffle the deck and turn over the top card. It isn't theirs.

Explain that you will try again, Shuffle 3 times and turn over the top card. It still isn't theirs.

Explain that the devil has never let you down so third time lucky... in fact.. you are so sure you are willing to bet some money on it.

Shuffle the cards again, 3 times (3 different shuffles) turn over the top card and once again it is not their selection.

This always gets people saying to you about the "cash" promise.

This is when I reach into my pocket, pull out my wallet and as I light it I say
"Its strange, the devil never lets me down. in fact he may be still around and you might see some magic happening. I don't know when it will happen but I'm sure it will"

As I say the last line I gesture with the wallet (now a-flame)forward and back. This gets great laughs and jaws drop to the floor.

..... then the kicker

You close and re-open the wallet. There is money inside and as you go to take it you pause a beat and say
"I did promise you some money... however... you might like this instead." I open up the zipped compartment with the 3 of clubs inside and I slowly take it out.

The reactions hit the roof at this point.

N.B
You can also burn the selected cards edges so that when you take it out the card is black and crispy. In theory it doesn't make sense to the layman but they will always remember that the card was the ONLY thing that was burned and they can not explain why.

Hope you like and let me know what you think.
QED
View Profile
New user
Alexandria, VA
74 Posts

Profile of QED
"I've got money just burning a hole in my pocket"
David Quidas
Alexandria, VA

I'm here to tell ya, and I don't mind tellin' ya, but I ain't sayin' nothin', if ya know what I'm sayin'...
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
I use it as an attention grabber for my close up set, I light it before approaching the table (because I've never seen a fire wallet 100% reliable to light on the first try) and as I walk over to people they have already started looking at me (who wouldnt stare at a man with a ball of fire in his hands... in an enclosed space... who they don't know). So then when I think I have the tables attention I just close it and turn the opened normal part of the wallet toward them and say something like "Hate it when that happens... My name is Finbarr, would you like to see some magic by any chance?".... NEVER fails to get me in with a crowd.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Reason For Flaming Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL