The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Andy Dallas Update (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

poofersmagic
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
134 Posts

Profile of poofersmagic
Here is the Official word from Andy.

On June 1st, I had a very mild stroke on my right side, possibly brought on by food poisoning and coughing. I arrived home on the 4th and was hospitalized for some tests and rehab. There was no paralysis and no surgery was necessary as all arteries and heart are good.

I will be released on the 13th as an out-patient. I have already recovered 75% of my lost mobility. I am expected to make a full recovery and I expect to see you all as I welcome you to Dallas,Texas!

Thank you for all your thoughts and well wishes.

'Escape into the Magic'

Andy Dallas

National President

Society of American Magicians

Kelly
Kelly Peron
Magician and Magical Partner
http://www.kyleandkellymagic.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Great news! Thanks for posting the info, Kelly.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9492 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
As we get older we all have "little strokes" true fact. Good to know you are alright and keep taking that low dose asprin, if your doctor sais you can have it.

I hope Andy can make it to the escape artist convention.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Jay, you really need to keep your information straight. Please don't just say "little stroke" and asprin without knowing the actual facts. Or going into it with a bit more information. That is why people don't take the #3 killer and the #1 long term disability seriously.

TIA's can happen at any age. Mostly brought on by diabetes.

Asprin can help, and at the same make it worse.

However, he really needs to keep an eye on himself. Because a TIA, minor, mild whatever you want to call it, can lead to a more dangerious and very serious stroke.

Its best to learn your family history, know your cholesterol, BP and keep it at a healthy level.

Now I have a question.

Did he have a Right CVA or Left CVA?
OR
Did you mean the Right side was affected or the Left side was affected?

Was it eischemic or hemmoraghic?

If his right side was affected he probably has speech difficulties. Which means he will have minor physical issues.

If the Left side was affected than he'll some mobility issues and not so much speech issues.

Mild or not, it all depends on what was affected in the brain. He may no able to speak very well, read or write. He may not be able to drive, or he may not be able walk.

I hope he is getting the best care possibly, and good amount of rehab. Medicare doesn't offer much when it comes therapy, most healthcare doesn't unless you have a really good PPO.

That's why stroke sucks. Don't have one if you can help it...

If I sound a bit angry, I'm not. I just don't want people to think that a stroke is no big deal.

I know way too well.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
Its best to learn your family history, know your
cholesterol, BP and keep it at a healthy level.

Don't forget that in the case of diabetes to keep your blood sugar as close to normal as possible.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
As a veteran diabetic, all I can say to that last statement is "Duh."

We ALL know we have to do that.

Posted: Jul 2, 2007 12:06am
I apologize for sounding harsh. However, very few of us on the forum know enough about our diseases to give people advice about them. Frances (Marshall Thornside) does, because she is a primary caregiver to a stroke patient, and has been for a long time. She knows her onions when it comes to this kind of thing. But you don't see her giving medical advice beyond "Do what your doctor recommends."

If you have ever done any Q&A mentalism or read up on the subject, you know that the first thing they tell you in EVERY book about Q&A is NEVER give medical, financial or legal advice.

Once it gets past "Do what your doctor says," you can be treading on thin ice.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Andy Dallas Update (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL