The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Kevlar Thread question! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

REPOLHO
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of REPOLHO
Hi... I known that kevlar thread is great... but I never use...

My question is..

If I buy a spool of kevlar thread in any shop (not magic shops), is the same that magic shops sells?
Tkz
Roberto
Roberto Polini

Sombra - Brazillian Magic Society
http://www.sociedademagica.com
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
No You get a lot more thread at a sewing shop then at a magic shop. My problem is that I cant find the right kind of kevlar for stripping at my local thread store.
You can buy regular Invisible thread at a sewing shop under the name of WOOLY NYLON for 5 bucks and you get 3000 meters! If you buy 5 bucks worth of thread from a magic shop then you only get like 20 feet.
So would you rather have 20 feet or 3000 meters?

So yes any thread would be a lot cheaper at a thread store.
REPOLHO
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of REPOLHO
My question is about the right kind of kevlar... but you alredy answer me...
tkz
Roberto.
Roberto Polini

Sombra - Brazillian Magic Society
http://www.sociedademagica.com
en2oh
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of en2oh
I just ordered some thread from eBay called Vectran. it's said to be stronger than Kevlar and is 1500 denier with a filament count of 300. the individual filaments are 23 micron. This would make is 5 denier per filament which is pretty darned fine. I got 500 ft of it so should do me a while, if it's any good.

I also just got a few reels from John Kennedy, A Hummingbird Reel as well as a Power Reel so hope to get some interesting effects going. I'm looking for a copy of Losanders' Levitation 1 and 2 as well as Disc 3. Anyone recommend better for rigging for levitations of these kinds?

Thanks
Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Kevlar Thread question! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL