The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Broken Wands: R.I.P. Don Herbert (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
It is with great sorrow that I report the passing of the man who was my inspiration to become a magician: Don "Mr.Wizard" Herbert. Mr. Herbert died in his home yesterday after a battle with bone cancer. He was just one month shy of 90.

http://www.mrwizardstudios.com/
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
The man was a major influence in my life, as well. Though I credit him with stimulating my interest in science. His death actually brought a tear to this tough old man's eye. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Sad indeed. Great man, great show.
May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
The world has truly lost a good man. He had that rarest of talents: A love for what he did and the ability to pass that interest on to the next generation. I wonder how many magicians, scientists and engineers got into their respective fields because of him.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
A fond childhood memory.

Has anyone heard the wicked parody of the Mr. Wizard show that Bob and Ray did on radio years ago? I have it on a tape of theirs and it makes me and my son laugh out loud every time we hear it.

Jack Shalom
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
You'll find the "Mr. Science" parody about 2/3 of the way through this mp3 clip:

bobandray
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Broken Wands: R.I.P. Don Herbert (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL