The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope with sponge core ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I have been using ropes with sponge core and they are soft and thick. I have depleted my supply and would like to get more.

Having browsed many online magic shop I don't see these sponge core ropes mentioned widely. There are many other ropes sold but I am specifically looking for the sponge core ones.

Any ideas who is selling them now?

Thanks
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
I think Ickle Pickle..Cordially,Howard
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Howard, I'll check it out with Ickle Pickle.
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
James,

Klamm Magic For Sure.

They Have Primarily Carried Sponge Core Rope For Many Years.

Best,

Vincent Smile Smile Smile
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Vincent, I check them out too. BTW may I have their website?
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
James,

Sorry I Just Saw Your Post.

I Believe It Is: klamm-magic.com

Good Luck

Vincent Smile Smile Smile
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Vincent. Really appreciate it.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
748 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
I have been interested in sponge-core rope, myself...

* If it's tossed out to spectators - would it basically feel like "regular rope" to them...or does it feel like a very long skinny sponge? Smile

* I assume that sponge rope truly 'cuts like butter'? I do an effect in which I wear a 'box-cutter blade' belt-clipped behind me ...and I would hope that this sponge rope will slice easily through - with just one pass of the rope against the blade.

Currently, I use a core-less rope for easy cutting, but I feel that it's just too "whimpy" when spectators handle it.

Would sponge-rope meet my needs?

Thanks!
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I have some of Klamm Magic's Sponge Core Rope. The sponge part is black which did not impress me.

The rope itself doesn't have a woven look like ordinary rope. It looks "textured" almost like snakeskin.

That also did not impress me.

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2097 Posts

Profile of yachanin
The "feel" of the rope is different from other common ropes we use. It does have a "spongy" feel to it, but there are so many different types of rope, I don't know that a spec would think much of it.

As Andy says, the sponge core is black and the rope has a woven look. The woven look does not bother me (see above comment), and while I would prefer a white sponge core (it used to be made with a white core when Bob got it from Finland), the black sponge can be hidden in a variety of ways. There are two books available from Klamm Magic that explain several methods.

As far a sponge core rope, like most things, it depends on the effects you are performing.

Regards, Steve
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
With all kinds of colorful ropes and cords out there in the market, the lay public accepted that it is only one of those designs I am using.

So with the latest black sponge core and woven look, there would be no different too. I did not have any negative comment from the audience about the rope except that it looks nice.

It is just the usage preference from the performers point of view. I have tried so many types of ropes and the sponge core rope is now my preferred rope.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope with sponge core ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL