The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » The CAM Convention WILL move! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
It's just been announced that on June 19-21, 2009, the CAM Convention will take place in Montreal, and that it takes four people to take the place of Joan Caesar. Smile

(Now Nick Sacco and everyone else who runs CAM will be mad at me. Sorry, folks, the joke was too good--by my lame standards--to pass by.)

Now everyone will be happy, right? Those who wanted it move and those who were rooting for Joan?
I formerly ran a site of links to help Canadian magicians, magicinfo.ca, but I retired it in 2022.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I'm not a happy camper... cause now I wont be going... but then it is a good excuse to get out of ontario for a vacation
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I completely understand the reason's for moving it, and agree with them, it just sucks as I too will not likely be going now.

Not that I am in any place to whine as so many others traveled just as far, and further for this con, than I would have to if I went to the next one.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
I've already registered for Montreal!
Dan McLean Jr
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Hey Doug, how was it? I hope you guys all had a good time!
I am so dissapointed that I did not make it there, considering it was my biggest goal of 2007.
Oh well, 2009 in Montreal sounds goos to me.
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Cory, we know how much you wanted to be there, but other life commitments are important.

Look forward to crackin a few shows with you on the waterfront.

your friend in magic,

the Seadawg
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
I cant wait until Montreal! This years convention was incredible!!!
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
If they want to do it in Montreal, they may want to check out the city of Laval. There is the Sheraton Hotel there with a big convention center, about a dozen other hotels nearby, and the biggest mall in Quebec is 50 meters away.
It's accessible by the highway 15, subway, bus...

Now we have NO reason not to attend. I might sleep in my car just to be the first every morning!!! Smile
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 14:56, Louis.P.M wrote:
If they want to do it in Montreal, they may want to check out the city of Laval.

Hi, Louis!
I'm sure that if you ask around Montreal a bit, you'll find out who's in charge there, and I'm certain they'll be looking for good ideas, and good people to help!
Dan McLean Jr
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
You know, I wasn't goig to go, but I do like Montreal, and Magic, lol.

If I can confirm a few of the guys that I enjoy jamming with most are going, I may just have to register for this one.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 14:56, Louis.P.M wrote:
If they want to do it in Montreal, they may want to check out the city of Laval. There is the Sheraton Hotel there with a big convention center, about a dozen other hotels nearby, and the biggest mall in Quebec is 50 meters away.
It's accessible by the highway 15, subway, bus...

Now we have NO reason not to attend. I might sleep in my car just to be the first every morning!!! Smile

At CAM, the 4 new organisers announced that they have already booked into a new complex that is being developed, with a nice new theater, and with restaurants and shops in the area. I do not believe it was in Laval, but it sounded like it was in one of the other suburbs.

They also announced two people had been booked. My recollection is that one of these is David Acer ... and I'm afraid that the other name has slipped my mind.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Quote:
On 2007-06-21 12:11, balducci wrote:
They also announced two people had been booked. My recollection is that one of these is David Acer ... and I'm afraid that the other name has slipped my mind.

The other name would be Eric DeCamps.

I know David Acer was at the first CAM, but I'll be glad to see him again.
I formerly ran a site of links to help Canadian magicians, magicinfo.ca, but I retired it in 2022.
ejarrow
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ejarrow
David Acer is very entertaining and Eric DeCamps is excellent.
Looks like I will being going to Montreal in 2009!
MysticTraveler
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MysticTraveler
I too am already registered. The 2007 Cam was FANTASTIC. You are right about them having already booked the Hotel. If they carry on the tradition that Joan has started It can't help but be great. They have a great template to follow. From what
I have heard there are already a great number of others who have preregistered.

See you in 2009
MysticTraveler
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I read in this month's Magic Magazine, in the convention calendar section, that the CAM convention will now be annual, and rotate between Montreal, Kitchener, and Vancouver.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » The CAM Convention WILL move! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL