The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jerks. . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Trinket
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
40 Posts

Profile of Trinket
Today, Monday, the boyfriend and myself decided to take the day off together and go to a local swimming hole. I had been gigging all weekend and had burned a lot of road and needed a mental break. We had a beautiful day swimming and sunning our melanin-impared skin. Relaxed and refreshed we went back to the car to find some kid dragging his fingers through the dust on my car.... "Wash me b**** please" it said. I stood there gape mouthed for a sec before I started in with "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM???!!!!" He went white, muttered he was sorry and ran like heck. He's lucky I had an arm load of towels and sandwich stuff. GRRRR!!!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ha, gotta love those mischeivious kids.
It would have been funny if it weren't for the profanity.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
A buddy of mine had a window smashed and a briefcase stolen. The case contained all of his percussion mallets, and several hand written orchestral scores. I wonder how much crack the crook got for that.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20719 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-06-15 19:15, JustinCredible28 wrote:
Some people make me sick-- This happened last year (2 weeks before Christmas) -- but I still think about it now & again. At the bar where I bartend, I sometimes would bring my backpack full of Magic/Mentalism books in to read on slow nights. On this particular night, I got up for a second to get someone a drink, and when I came back to my spot, my backpack full of everything was gone!!! (My own fault . . . I know--)

The part I find most disturbing is you take on the behavior of an idiot as if it isi your fault. As if we should EXPECT bad bahavior out of others. It is NOT YOUR FAULT!

Fault lies with those who took the stuff period.

Could you have been more dilligant and watched better? Perhaps yes, but please do not tell me it is your fault. Fault lies with the thief alone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I think it was his fault.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

Profile of JustinCredible28
Either way-- I didn't mean to come across as someone who behaved like "an Idiot"-- I DID, however learn a valuable lesson in leaving valuables unattended in public. I do agree with what you said, Danny about thieves, and how the fault lies with them alone-- it's inspiring as opposed to the way that I had been looking at it before-- thanks Smile
"a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free. . ." -- Elliott Smith

http://www.NWFortuneTeller.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3284 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Perhaps I will jinx myself by bringing this up, but I've been very, VERY lucky- perhaps even blessed in this regard. I have lost or misplaced some very precious things in my life and have had great fortune in getting them back- against all the odds!

Best Example:

On our honeymoon, my bride and I were in New York, enjoying our last few hours in the Big Appfle.

We had a while before we had to get to the airport so, with nothing else to do, we went to do some midtown shopping (Tannens, Fantasima, and wherever the heck she wanted to go...)

Thinking more about the shops than our upcoming plane ride we (although she'll swear it was "I" Smile )hopped out of the taxi and darted across Madison Square Garden plaza only to realize 10 minutes later that we ("I") had left our suitcase in the trunk of the taxi! That suitcase that had everything in it. Grace's dress, the camera with all the wedding pictures, the wedding gifts- EVERYTHING!

In the trunk of a taxi. In the middle of midtown Manhattan. In the middle of the day. On a Monday.

Usually I make a mental note of the # of any taxi I get into- just in case... But I was WAY too preoccupied this time. And it was that one time.....

So we desperately ran back to 32nd street not knowing just what to do, and my heart sank when I saw the veritable sea of yellow taxi's on the street. Hundreds of them all up and down the streets.

We walked over to the Penn Station taxi porter and asked what, if anything, we could do if we left something in a cab and didn't know the cab's #. He looked at me as if I had two heads- before he told me I was *S*O*L* unless the driver found it and turned it in perhaps hours from then, if at all...

We left the porter. I was getting quite panicked, and Grace was near hysterical, as the realization set in that all of our stuff and all of our wedding memories might just be gone forever.

So, without any inkling as to what to do, in a near panic, I just stopped the very next cab I saw in the street and poked my head into the window and blurted out my story to the driver asking *him* if he knew what I should do if I left something in a taxi, who I should call or anything!

The guy looked at me kinda funny and he says to me-

"Weren't you just IN my cab?"

I had managed to stop the same taxi we had been in, it must have been a one in a thousand shot- maybe one in a million. He then told me that he circled the area to look for us, but had just given up and was looking for another fare. He was heading to the taxi stand to wait in line, hopefully to get an airport fare.
Which would have killed our chances to get the stuff before the next day, again- if at all!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Wow, that is definitely very lucky.
We got our brand new digital camera stolen in Orlando, not last summer, but the summer before. We left it at a table in Typhoon Lagoon. We went to Downtown Disney, and I was going to take a picture of Magic Masters, (I was 14 at the time, and this was the first physical magic shop I have ever been to.)
It was then when we realized our camera was missing. Quickly, my dad remembered where he left it, and we drove, (just across the street luckily) to a closed park. My dad, being the crazy and adventurous person he is, came up with an ingenious plan. "I go through the (closed) fence, sneak inside the park, and take the camera." I was just afraid he was going to set something off while inside.
However, luckily enough, there was a staff party for the staff of the park that night. What are the chances? They let him in, and....

No camera. And that was the end of our vacations pictures.
Needless to say there was a family feud, an exchange in vulgar slurs, and then I, being the "mediator" of the family, decided that we enjoy the rest of our vacation. As we did.
The end!

On another note, if someone here ever plans on taking a camera, please take out the memory card. Having your camera stolen is one thing. Having all your vacation memories stolen is another.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 20:24, JustinCredible28 wrote:
Hey Derek! Nice to meet you Smile I am currently bartending at Club BC's in Mill Creek-- the bar where this incident happened at was at (the now closed down) The Pine Cone Café in Lynnwood. What area are you in?

--Justin--

I'm moving from Issaquah to Seattle in a few months to go to UW.

Derek Merdinyan
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
524 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I have only had a few minor incidents but had my hard drive crash on me once. Fortunately everything was replaceable as that was before keeping any real notes but it did teach me to keep a backup which is on a flash drive as well as other locations.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jerks. . . (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL