The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Shrinker by Andrew Mayne - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Swifty34
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Swifty34
"it just looks like someone bending down while pulling their tshirt over ones trousers."

Um, why don't you try that in the mirror and see what it looks like? Both reviewers said there was much more to this than anybody's first guess.

Andrew's website says it's 159 for the entire illusion with free next day shipping. Apparently there are only a few left, so I am getting mine today.

btw Miike, I love 'Ichi The Killer' Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
My girl friend hates this trick now. I keep embarrassing her with it. We went to the grocery store yesterday. I went around the corner ahead of her then shrunk myself. Then I called her over. She saw me and started to turn away. But I grabbed the cart so she couldn't leave. I walked all the way down the isle holding onto her shopping cart. She's not exactly shy but easily embarrassed. Smile

Man, she hates it now but I love it. I tend to get in trouble with things like this. LOL

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Do you have to wear modified clothing?
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Thanks for the review guys.

Can't wait to see your video Derek.
takashi miike
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of takashi miike
Swifty34 check out audition
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Thank you guys for clearing my mind.

Ron, it sounds like you are having a scream with this!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Quote:
On 2007-06-20 16:57, jeremysweiss wrote:
Do you have to wear modified clothing?

There is an issue with the clothes you wear but you don't have to modify your clothes by cutting them or anything like that. In the DVD he explains how you can use just about any pants for the trick. So in case some people are wondering. You can wear dress pants (most performers do on stage). I'm sure you could use jeans too but I haven't tried that yet. The only thing I think jeans would require is that they can't be too tight.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
No cutting the clothes?

That's fine by me.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Jaxon, does that mean I can interchange the gimmick regularly from pants to pants depending on my performance needs or does it have to be adapted permanently? Thanks.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Man...the more I read about this, the more I want it. Too bad I'm flat broke now. Smile
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Very unusual effect. I like it. Specially because it comes from one of the most inventive minds in magic. I would hate to be working in the magic shop...Hey can you shrink yourself. I would hate to hear that all day without being able to do Shrinker.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Well there is only one way to shrink yourself, but to make it look believable is where the work begins.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Quote:
On 2007-06-21 23:48, MagicBrent wrote:
Jaxon, does that mean I can interchange the gimmick regularly from pants to pants depending on my performance needs or does it have to be adapted permanently? Thanks.

Yes, you can perform it with one outfit today and a different outfit tomorrow. Very little preperation is needed on your clothes.

I'll spill the beans on how I'm going to use this on stage. I only ask that no one else uses it where I'm performing. Smile I won't share all the details but basically a UPS man will deliver a box to the Emcee of the show just before I'm introduced. Then I perform one of the box effects Andrew teaches on the DVD. Then I walk out of the box and grow to my normal size. So there's a reason I'm shrunk. So I can fit in the box to ship myself to the show.

Ron Jaxon

thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Great idea Ron.
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
I purchased my Shrinker and got it yesterday. I have just had time to view the DVD and go over the material to construct the special something. Here are some initial thoughs keeping in mind that I have not pulled it together.

- The material the special something is made out of will last you a lifetime
- The DVD is high quality, similiar feel to Andrew's later instructional DVDs
- The Demo that he has on his sight really does not do the illusion justice. Every time he did it in the DVD with different performance methods had me rolling on the floor laughing. It really does look like a little person. Especially his second walking box production (if you have the DVD, you will know what I mean)...hysterical.
- Personally for me, I think I will be using it similiar to what Ron has mentioned above, where you start small and grow...rather than be tall, shrink then grow again.
- Andrew gives multiple ways of doing the effect in the DVD that help make it practical in multiple performing situations (street, good angles, bad angles, 360 degrees, etc.)
- My mind was whirling with ideas after viewing the DVD with different ways this could play in my shows or just on the street. Ron Jaxon has given you at least 3 different ways he's messed around with it.
- The special something is relatively non-intrusive, so you could be ready to perform this pretty much all day. Note that I have not built it, but it appears that way from the DVD.
- Building it should not take you too much time. Figuring out what clothes you want to wear to make the illusion look best may take a bit longer.

Hope that helps you guys who are on the fence out a bit in your decision.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Semo, very good review.
blackartman
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of blackartman
Good reviews. I think ill take a look at it.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi all,

I just received my Shrinker package today, and I viewed the DVD a few times, and went through the steps to build the gimmick.
The materials supplied will last you a lifetime.
I will need to practice this before I go out and perform it.
All I need to do now is prep the necessary items for it, and I am set to go.
Well worth the money and the wait.
thanks Andrew for a wonderful product

ALEX
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Thank You BMW Guy.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Your welcome e-man.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Shrinker by Andrew Mayne - Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL