The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hot Coals walk! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia travelling worldwide now
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
Just wanted to say, I walked on Hot Coals last night! Feet hurt last night, but no pain today! (just burns)

James
James BuSTAR
Australia's Comedy Juggling Superstar
info@jamesbustar.com
http://www.jugglingsuperstar.com
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
I havent gotten around to doing coals yet. Congrats.
But I have taken walks on the concret here in Texas durin the summer time, when you can fry eggs on them cement. doesn't feel too good the next day. Smile

One step at a time, eh!
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I'd rather walk on coals than concrete or hot beach sand. That stuff hurts!

Physics are wierd.
Gwyd
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now....
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Coals are cool!

Well, maybe not, thermally... The power is very cool though. I did it several times about 10 years back or so. Trouble is that it’s very difficult to turn into an act. Issues with open flame in many venues, the time involved in letting it burn down right. I did it as part of a seminar. “Overcoming limiting beliefs”. It is a very powerful metaphor for, “if you can walk on fire, what else can you do that you thought you couldn’t…?”

Congratulations!

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 10:37, gsidhe wrote:
I'd rather walk on coals than concrete or hot beach sand. That stuff hurts!

Physics are wierd.
Gwyd

Yes it does... but I hope that it will help prepare me for the later stunts. But it might not help... but it cant really hurt much more.
And the walks aren't short either. All around the blok twice. The next day they are red and sore. Smile
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I have recently been researching fire walking, and came across a very unusual text: The Secret Science behind Miracles. Max Freedom Long-1948, and again in 1954. Max was the heir to the case studies of Dr. William Tufts Brigham, one of the only researchers to actualy see both hot coal, and hot lava fire walking besides Max Long. He lists a case of Dr, Brigham actualy doing a real fire walk, (red coals, no ash, broad daylight) as well as relates a case history of being allowed to watch a group of kahunas walk across lava that had barely cooled enough to support their weight over tubes full of molten material.

The original cases were archived in two documents (books)that are never shown or displayed.Few alive today know they exist, and possibly only a couple have seen the contents since they are locked away in a semi-secret location. Extremely rare science, and interesting material if one gets a chance to pick up a copy of the printed work. Max states he published a partialy complete work years before the secret science, but that the current work was now complete.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hot Coals walk! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL