The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Roped: Is it a good trick or knot??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
I am thinking about buying the trick "roped". This is the effect if you don't already know it:

Show a piece of rope you are holding in your hands...and suddenly the spectators can see the rope is running into your coat and out of your right sleeve. Then, the other end of the rope is running out of your other sleeve! In a blink, the rope that was in front of your chest is now behind your back! You give the rope a tug and it goes straight through your body! The rope may now be handed out for complete examination by the audience.

Does anybody have this and if so, do you like it?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Henry Evans has a variation where the rope effect you ask about is combined with a card trick... Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I would like to start off by saying I don't own the trick, but I have seen a few guys in my magic club do this effect and it looks great when done well.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Evan; Just received "Roped" and have gone through the routine only once, so I can't really give a good opinion yet. I can tell you that this effect is only going to be good if the presentation / patter is also good.

The instructions are well written and have good B&W photos accompanying the text. The explanation only tells you how to do the set up and the moves. You will have to develop your own presentation, which is not a bad thing if you are creative. Will let you know more once I work with it some more.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
dlhoyt
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of dlhoyt
Last week I saw Henry Evans perform his version (the one Pete Biro mentioned) and it was terrific. The addition of revealing a selected card impaled on the rope made the effect even more impressive. But you do need a good presentation to sell it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Roped: Is it a good trick or knot??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL