We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Problem with Mind Power Deck spread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I would like to incorporate the Mind Power Deck into my walk around routine but I have a question regarding spreading the cards first. There are no table surfaces where I perform so I can't ribbon spread the cards like most people do. I'm also not very good at fanning the cards in my hands, for some reason I have never gotten that down. So I'm looking for some ideas on how I can show the spectators the cards without these two options available. Does anyone else use another method to show the cards that seems to work just as well?

Matt
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
You can't spread the cards or fan them? You could show them from hand to hand but that is not very clean. I don't know your working conditions, but you could get a waiter's tray holder and a surface to place on it, but I think that's getting a bit out of hand. Do another effect?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Make like Chan Canasta and riffle the short edges of the deck at them.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Just pass the cards very slowly and cleanly from one hand to another in a spread. No fancy fans or anything literally very slowly spread them.

I used to use the mind power deck to do a version of a legend told about Jimmy Grippo....it worked wonderfully.

L.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Thanks for the suggestions. I think for now I am going to try Ramsay's suggestion of slowly spreading the cards. I'll experiment with the riffle and see how that goes also. In the meantime I'm going to work on my fan, it's about time I learned to do it properly.

Matt
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
378 Posts

Profile of hornet
Richard Osterlinds Radar Deck might be worth looking at as it is a similar effect that you can do without needing a table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Problem with Mind Power Deck spread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL