The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your TV Special (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 22:48, Slim King wrote:
I'd love to come and watch TT2 try and pay for his plane ticket. Smile
Should Be Fun!
Dave

Dave,
I'm not sure what that means or who you have me confused with, but I'm a baller, you know? LOL! If you're hard up, I'll buy you one too! hahaha.

Best,
TT2 Smile
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

Profile of JustinCredible28
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 23:57, Dynamike wrote:
"The Art of Magic" was a good special.

This WAS a good sprecial! I have it on VHS, but I wish that PBS would go & put it on DVD already, haha!

Quote:
On 2007-06-19 00:07, Eddie Garland wrote:
Penn and Teller came real close for me with those Canadian specials..The Magic and Mystery Tour. They went to China, Egypt and India and tracked down remote performers.
Was gritty and entertaining!

This is a great special too! I actually recently picked it up at Half Price Books here in WA brand new/sealed for $4 bucks!!! (Half Price Books is highly recommended in general if you have one in your area) I especially was fascinated by the part where that guy is eating BRICKS! Crayzee shtuff, haha Smile

--Justin--
"a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free. . ." -- Elliott Smith

http://www.NWFortuneTeller.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-06-19 00:09, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
James

I actually agree for the most part with both of them. But I do think that a small group of friends can help if they give objective feedback on performance. (I think Derren Brown agrees with that as he does have a small circle of friends and advisors).

When I watched John's DVD and heard him make those statements, I nodded in agreement.

I remember a few instances where the local magi gave me advice. But fortunately/unfortunately, I understand where I want to take things and can dismiss the advice that contradicts where I want to go. To be honest, the only critiques that matter are those of the real world audience. If it works for them and for me, it is right.

Tony

We are on the same page Mr. Eye. I just thought it a funny story.
BTW, Derren unsubscribed from the list shortly after.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
On the advice of two very succesful performers, I moved conciously away from the small world of magic clubs. It was a necessary first step towards becoming a professional in my own right.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've never been to a Magic Club and the only Magic Convention I attended was as a NON-Magical performer. So I feel "Untainted" by the magic community, except for the things I've stolen from members of the Café Smile
I have a cool book about all of the Supernatural places in Florida. That seems like a good idea for places to film I also have a bunch of INTERACTIVE things that can be performed on the tube. A little different than the Maven stuff Smile I see that Glen Beck shpws part of his radio shows on TV. I and The Bean could film some LIVE shows and edit those for TV.( The Bean could FLOAT to the radio station ala Angel Smile )
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Jerry Springer The Opera is a funny show...
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The only specials I am unhappy with are "The Secrets of Magic", "The Secrets of Mentalism" and "The Secrets of Street Magic."
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Key is - get advice from people you respect and trust and have your best interest in mind (like pro friends and mentors) - and forget the rest.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
"Worlds Greatest Magicians" was great. Too bad for John Ritter. If they start "Worlds Greatest Mentalist", who do you think shall be the host?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Criss Angel should host.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-06-19 11:57, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Criss Angel should host.

Perfect!!

P.S. Tony Where was the Second tea party?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Chichi, it was in the house that J ack built.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Perhaps a whole bunch of Psychics...something like Hero's?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I would suggest using the inforamtion in this thread.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......5&16

As we talked about.

A very powerfull effect.

J ack

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How do you think that I got to where I am today? Smile
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
But how many will get it?
And it is being offered for free!
(The link is a few posts up.)

Heck I nailed down a USA TODAY spot with it.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If we could harness the energy produced by this effect ......WE'D RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
It will happen soon.

The movie is in production now.

J ack
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You know I'm a Radio Guy...Right?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Yes I do and a darn sexy one with a fez.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your TV Special (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL