The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Masked magician actually good? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Take a look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uwxpWdY6bY&NR=1

I was very impressed with what he did, especialy the "interlude" type effect!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19766 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your point is?

Look if this moron was any good in the first place he would have been able to get work prior to masking up for the roll of magic bad guy.

He was at best a bad magician. Sorry to disappoint.

Don't you think if he was any good he would have just made money the old fashioned way?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Anyone can look good in cut aways, short shots, camera angles, etc. Valentino was at best a third tier pro, the reason he gave away secrets was that they offered him more money than he was ever going to make performing. A first rate sell out.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

Profile of JustinCredible28
Dang-- I didn't know he actually had a live show-- that is SO messed up! What a chump. . .
"a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free. . ." -- Elliott Smith

http://www.NWFortuneTeller.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
That wasn't the *REAL* Masked Magician, that was his stand-in.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Lol when he showed his face I remember thinking who the heck is Valentino?
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Sorry; but that's just a series of shots from the show(s).
It doesn't prove anything !
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Everything looks better in a montage.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Well he had the mask on so thought it was him. I thought his idea of interlude was good though...
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Val, a good guy? Don't make me laugh! He is anything but "nice". I say we should tie him to a tree and burn him with lit cigars! Does anyone have any idea if the rumor about him making a come back is true? If I was Copperfield I would place a lawsuit on Val and then tie him to a tree and burn him with lit cigars after I chase him out of the country.
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Take a look at this one to, in Japan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnJudaZenI8
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
I still say we should burn him. before he strikes back!
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
I also noticed in the Japan version he uses a Copperfeild trick called "Laser iluusion" WHAT A RIP OFF!!!
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
I am probably going to get bashed for saying this. Valentino was and is an excellent magician. What he did may not have been right, however we should not judge his skills based on his actions as the Masked Magician. He had accomplished a lot prior to selling out, and his slieght of hand was above average.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2007-06-24 19:24, sickmagic wrote:
I am probably going to get bashed for saying this. Valentino was and is an excellent magician. What he did may not have been right, however we should not judge his skills based on his actions as the Masked Magician. He had accomplished a lot prior to selling out, and his slieght of hand was above average.

That was funny.. I thought Val stopped his magic act so he could sell his soul to Fox and betray his art. Val was but will never again be a magician.

-Guy Jarrett

sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
As I said I would probably get bashed for saying that, however I stand by the fact that he was and is a good magician. You can't change his skill, however we might change our veiw towards his personal traits based on what he did. He is a magician no matter how you look at it, sure he might not be the type of magician he once was, but his skills are something that no man or woman can every take away from him!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

Valentino made the final cut in one of the Larry Wilson Magic Championships in the 1980's. He was in the final six with guys like Christopher Hart, Scott Cervine, and Victor/Diamond.

Valentino performed regularly is Las Vegas in the "Viva Las Vegas" show at the Flamingo Hilton. He did a very classy dove and silk manipulation act. It is too bad that he did the Masked Magician thing as he was/is pretty talented.

Ron
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
First of all, what's up with the "tie him to a tree and burn him with lit cigars." That's just one of the wierdest things I have ever heard.

But anyways, after seeing these clips I do recall reading something a while ago about the Masked Magician doing a tour over there in Japan. Apparently that's what this is from. The Japanese LOVE him. They love almost any American entertainers, and they really have a thing for magic.

Where is Valentino these days? Does he perform anywhere?

I know if you go into the magic shop next to Lance Burton's theater at the Monte Carlo here in Las Vegas, there is a guillotine illusion on display autographed by almost every magician you've ever heard of - including Valentino.

--Jack Smile
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 01:56, IllusionJack wrote:
I know if you go into the magic shop next to Lance Burton's theater at the Monte Carlo here in Las Vegas, there is a guillotine illusion on display autographed by almost every magician you've ever heard of - including Valentino.

--Jack Smile

Is this for sale?
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
It's also interesting to note that in the credits of early Lance Burton specials, Val Valentino is in the credits as a magic consulatant or the like.

J.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Masked magician actually good? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL