We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation with handkerchiefs and cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rabinak
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
35 Posts

Profile of Rabinak
Could someone recommend's me which type of handkerchief material and form is best for manipulation? Could someone recommend's me any gimmick or holder for card manipulation?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It's better than my Czech... Silk is best. I would suggest finding some books on card manipulations and/or Jeff McBride's videos.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rabinak
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
35 Posts

Profile of Rabinak
I have got every Jeff McBride's videos, but I can't find any gimmick for producing cards, I looking for a special gimmick or holder, for silk I looking for gimmick which make me possible producing around 4 handkerchief from one hand.
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Hey!
Here is a card catcher

http://www.thetrickery.com/full/Magic-Tr......key=7348

, but from my point of view, you should practise without that gimmick, cause it limits you to do other card manipulation than only backpalm production!!

Take some Bee cards and learn without these gimmicks!

nice greets chris
Rabinak
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
35 Posts

Profile of Rabinak
I looking for this gimmick because I want find something which improve my performance (or some gimmick which I will be able to modify for my needs) , not for easier way of learning, I can do many of manipulation with various object such as cigarettes, multiplaying balls, cards or cds.

But thank for your response
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Rabinak, since you can already manipulate with cards, balls, cigarettes, why not structure them into a routined act? Then work on improving and strenthening the act.

If you already have the act, then, why not try bigger cards - manipulate with jumbo cards or even bigger cards than the jumbos.
Rabinak
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
35 Posts

Profile of Rabinak
I have the act, but I don't want manipulate with jumbo card, I want improve manipulation with classic card, for example something like a Peter Marvey in his "Magic Hands"
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Now I see why you are looking for the gimmick. Trying to follow Peter Marvey?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Good luck. Why not, instead, develope a super and original character or style?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
...but I think Marvey uses a different gimmick!
Using the catcher you cant spread your fingers!
I would like to know how Marvey did it!
Rabinak
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
35 Posts

Profile of Rabinak
I don't want imitate his act, I want invent my own gimmick and my own routine, I am only inspire with Peter Marvey's act. That's all.

Thanks everyone for responses.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
You have to play around different variables. Experimenting from different angles and I am sure you can come up with something new.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Learn to backpalm cards..The silk Peter uses has nothing to do with his act..You were fooled..Howard
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21831 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Again with the Peter Marvey card production gimmick. This is string ten thousand and 2 on the subject. I wish he would make and sell the gimmick just to shut these guys done.

It is obvious what it is and how it works if you study the art and props in magic.

I have made several myself, just for fun, put is only limited to stage work. You also need a camera that will cut away at the right time so you can get set for the card production. Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
...are there any dvds teaching something peter marvey does?(I know McBrides, Sheridans, Clarks and so on dvds)
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Experimentation is the key to card manipulation. Select those techniques that do not present too many angle problems, then string them together to see how the routine flow and spend lots of time on the presentation.

By watching too many DVDs too many times you may find yourself duplicating someone's act unconsciously. DVDs are just meant to be reference materials.

Practising and rehearsing is the key to a great act. Practising means working on the techniques and rehearsing means working on the entire routine or act with full costume.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24022 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-06-19 13:11, Rabinak wrote:
I have got every Jeff McBride's videos, but I can't find any gimmick for producing cards, I looking for a special gimmick or holder, for silk I looking for gimmick which make me possible producing around 4 handkerchief from one hand.

If you have all of Jeff McBride's videos, why are you calling the material handkerchiefs in your first post and in the title?
Rabinak
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
35 Posts

Profile of Rabinak
Sorry I don't have Jeff McBride's Stage magic Dvd
Warlock1
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Warlock1
Wow !!!

I t simply sounds like rabinak is yet another one that does not want to put in the work !

Peter Marvyes Card gimmick will Never be for sale or marketed ... This info comes directly from Peter..... so End Of Story.

Man , To sad how some don't want to put in any work !

wl1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation with handkerchiefs and cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL