The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The "Force" (as in StarWars) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
WW
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of WW
I would not believe this if I had not been a witness, twice.

First time was with Arnold Furst, well-know early stage hypnotist.

I was performing close-up at a financial trade-show in LA. Arnold wanted to come see the act. I took him to registration and offered that he was my manager and wanted in to see the peformance. They were adamant that he had to buy a ticket. Very tight security. Arnold looked the woman in the eye. said" Take that badge. Place it in your typewriter. Type a r n o l d f you r s t. Take it out and hand it to me. And we walked in!

Second time. I had developed a floating bill. I was marketing it and at a gathering of old timers showed it to Ormond McGill. Ormond said "I like that Bill. Give it to me.". I stammered and tried to resist this impulse to give him a freeby but handed it over against the little voice telling me not to do so.

Yes, the force is with us.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh lord.

We would like to welcome you to earth if you are ready.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Take all those funny little green pieces of paper out of ur bank account and wallet and put them in an envelope and mail them to me....
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
WW
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of WW
Ah, but you overlooked the first story. This happened to other than myself. Also your reply's both are a bit unkind. I am sharing anecdotes that I believe are very relevant to the art and science of suggestion. But so goes the world.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh I didn't know they were valuable to science. I thought they were urban legends you didn't have proper citing for. My bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
WW
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of WW
I restrain myself. I don't need citations. I AM the source. You missed again as I see so frequently it occurs.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Great, now how is that valuable to science as you stated?

Relating stories is not the point of science now is it? OR maybe this is one of the points I have missed. Maybe where Star Wars was filmed it is the point of science right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Will the Wizard:
I, for one, enjoy your anecdotes and recolections. Please continue to post them here and in the other forums.

Tony
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
I could be way off base here....I'm new to magic in general and EXTREMELY green as far as hypnosis is concerned...but wouldnt that be entirely possible if the person asking for it was extremely skilled at NLP? I don't know how Derren Brown is thought of around here, but here are two videos of him doing it. Thoughts? Total bull? Valid? Questionable? Seems pretty solid to me, but I don't know jack at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=befugtgikMg&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwthqRJ1Khg

Please share your thoughts with me on this.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He is on TV. Start there.

Secondly the parts NOT SHOWN are the work.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Quote:
On 2007-06-21 14:35, Dannydoyle wrote:
Secondly the parts NOT SHOWN are the work.

So does this mean that it IS possible, but not as instantaneously as these videos would suggest?
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The large problem with the discussion of Derron in public is that there are those who do not understand TV and how it works or hypnosis and how it works, let alone the 2 combined and how they work.

It becomes very difficult when legend and fact and fiction become intertwined.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2007-06-21 13:53, WW wrote:
I restrain myself. I don't need citations. I AM the source. You missed again as I see so frequently it occurs.

"Phenomenological self-reporting is always the most highly suspect type of reporting." - Experimental Methodology in the Behavioral Sciences 301, first day of class.

Please understand, there is no animosity in that statement, simply scientific methological perspective. People misperceive things around them all the time, as has been shown countless times, in study after study of eyewitness testimony, even by eyewitnesses who are highly trained observers.

Without corroborative evidence, blatant claims are simply that, claims waiting to be backed up by other evidence.

Respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Actually this whole thing puts me in mind of a story. As I am also a life long friend of McGill, I just remembered this story.

Ormond, Arnold and I were in a jewelery store getting an engagement ring for my practice wife. Well low and behold but Arnold says to the clerk, "Just give us that ring right there" and heaven help me she did!

Then out of the blue 3 gun toting hoods came in to rob the place. Ormond simply said to the first one, "Don't rob this store, shoot your friends instead". And my gosh but he DID! Had I not seen it I would have never believed it. Then the last guy just tied himself up and waited for the police.

The kicker to the story was we were at lunch when the police came by. We were eating with George Lucas mind you. The police wanted to arrest us for the theft, but Ormond simply said, "we are not the people you are looking for", and WOW it was amazing. I was afraid he was going to have them shoot each other, but thank goodness the force worked in this case.

See I can do it too? LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
eztravlr
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of eztravlr
This isn't the thread you were looking for.

This isn't even a thread you want to continue

Go on, move along.
LauraCalder
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LauraCalder
Hey WW,

if you're still here and have ignored the jokes on this thread, I'd like to know more about the two experiences you had.

I'm a tremendous skeptic myself, but I've just been reading about Wolf Messing and how he mentally willed a bank cashier to hand over a large sum of money.

What interests me about your stories is that one is where you witness it happening to someone, and the other you experience the control yourself (by Ormond McGill, no less). Any chance of going into more detail on the stories?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Would you like me to expand on my stories?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LauraCalder
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LauraCalder
Mindpunisher, are you an NLP trainer? I'm familiar with Kenrick Cleveland materials, but what WW is talking about seems very distant from the long process of anchoring, analog marking and criteria elicitation in those products; from his short but vague description the persuasion happens very quickly indeed (which is probably why it's attracting so much cynicism). Have you managed something like that?

Quote:
On 2007-07-29 16:25, Dannydoyle wrote:
Would you like me to expand on my stories?

As long as you're not saving them for your memoirs I'd love to hear them, Danny.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The part I left out as it seems to unbelievable is that they were K-9 cops who showed up.

Well I happened to be carrying a large amount of stuff that the dogs are trained to detect. Well he looked right at the dogs who were just going NUTS and said "This is not the smell you think it is" and the dogs moved on.

Oh what memories!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Quote:
On 2007-07-30 01:32, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well I happened to be carrying a large amount of stuff that the dogs are trained to detect.

You were carrying a lot of dog biscuits?
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The "Force" (as in StarWars) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL