The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3 Fly with shell? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
CloseUpMagicKid
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
105 Posts

Profile of CloseUpMagicKid
Where can I find handlings on a 3 Fly routine using a shell?
"Careful! The beverage you are about to enjoy is extremely hot!" -Starbucks Coffee

GlennMagasDotCom
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27152 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you can hang tight for Eric DeCamps' manuscript, his routine is very good.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I just watched the Tim Ellis lecture last night and he's got a pretty good routine with 3 coins that go into a purse one-by-one.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
...or you can check out Nate Kranzo's "Out of the Box" DVD which has the routine except he uses 3 different coins (aptly called International 3-Fly).
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The original handling published with a shell is from Gary Kurtz "Unexplainable Acts" book or his "Creating Magic" video.

His verion is one of the harder ones to master however.
Click to visit:
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Gary Kurtz's TRIO from "Unexplainable Acts" contains one of the first, and best, shelled threefly routines. It also involves the production, vanish, reproduction,and hanging in the air of the three coins. (the shell goes along for the ride for the rest of the routine)
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Also check out Garrett Thomas's video, which throws a shell in for good measure....
CloseUpMagicKid
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
105 Posts

What do you think of Chris Kenner's Three FRY routine?
"Careful! The beverage you are about to enjoy is extremely hot!" -Starbucks Coffee

GlennMagasDotCom
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
CUMK,

Three FRY sounds familiar, but I can't place it. Where is it?
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
It's Kenner's hanging coins to three copper routine in TooC. Hmm....
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Kid,
I have A 3 Fly With A shell In my Las Vegas Lecture Notes! It's a one touch handeling, IE The hands don't touch until the 2nd. coin has gone across! You can take a look at my books At http://www.stumagic.com/coinjure/catalog.html
ok Thanks Man!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
bakerkn
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of bakerkn
Quote:
On 2003-01-30 23:19, Kainoa wrote:
It's Kenner's hanging coins to three copper routine in TooC. Hmm....

Hi Kainoa,

It's an interesting routine. I find the click pass fairly difficult to hit consistently, and am not sure how much conviction the individual vanishes carry.

I have reworked the routine to hold out in finger palm rather than classic palm which, in my opinion, allows for a more convincing vanishing sequence and a higher degree of conviction that the hands could not possibly have been hiding coins.

What is your take on the effect?

Kevin
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
That's pretty much what Curtis is doing on the new PoS DVD (i.e. reorganizes the routine through fp, though as you can tell from his response earlier, I don't think Kenner's routine was a direct influence).

I always avoid classic palming stacks, mainly because, for me at least, the position usually looks a little hokie--the way my hand sits naturally and relaxed with a classic palmed stack is exactly how it sits for fp, so I tend to use it instead, esp since it makes me feel more comfortable about angles in a walkaround setting.

The click pass works best out of finger palm, but I do the routine with the coins in edge grip to avoid the click pass and stick to quality retentions.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
403 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Jorge Blass made a wonderful routine using 3 coins and a shell. Amazing!

Also please check David Roth videos about routines with shells.

Regards
CloseUpMagicKid
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
105 Posts

Is the Kurtz 3Fly routine called "TRIO" per chance? I'm trying to locate the routine.

Thanks.

=kid= Smile

GlennMagasDotCom
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
That's the one, kid. Don't confuse it with the other (excellent) Kurtz routine (but not a visible coins across) called "Trio in Three".
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Kid, It's called "Trio" in his book "Unexplainable Acts" and its called "Misty Like a Dream" in his video "Creating Magic.
Click to visit:
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Tony- The nice thing about Kranzo's handling is that its simple enough to work with three regular coins and a shell.

Like Reed's international 3-fly better. (though it doesn't use a shell)

David Neighbors- I tried the link, but its nothing is coming up.
CloseUpMagicKid
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
105 Posts

Thanks fellas... found it in his book. I appreciate it. The first coin productions are awesome to start that routine!

James - David Neighbors' link is actually: http://www.stumagic.com/Coinjure/Catalog.html

Coinjurer - I love your Open Travler's coin routine. I thought I saw a Spectator cuts to the Aces routine as well as the Kings in one of your lectures or notes. Can you point me to that routine if you know what I'm talking about?

GlennMagasDotCom
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi kid,
Thanks, I have never had A Spectator Cuts the aces& kings In Print! Allan Ackerman
has some in Las Vegas Kardma, and Marlo has tons!!! Hope this helps!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3 Fly with shell? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL