The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Saw the Cole Bros Circus Last Night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Last night my wife, our seven year old daughter and I went to the Cole Bros. Circus, which is in a neighboring town for two days.

I'd last seen Clyde Beatty Cole Bros. in the early '70s when Dave Hoover was doing the lion act and they still had a sideshow.

Last night's show was somewhat smaller with horses, poodles and three elephants. The opening act was three motorcycles in a steel sphere: exciting, but not as much as the lion act was in days gone by. Nice acrobats, trapese act, clowning. A female human cannonball was the finale. All around it was a fun show which was close to 2 hours long.

The sideshow has been replaced by elephant rides at $5 for once around a small ring, and face painting.

Cole Bros. claims to be the largest show still performing under a tent and I'm glad my daughter got to see a "real" circus under a bigtop.

If the show comes to your town, take the kids out to see some old-fashioned Americana and support the show.

Chris
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
No magic?
-Matt
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Lucky you! I wish they would come west.
We get the new Ringling in August. Well be there on the 8th to see Bello Nock. Saw his relatives at the Del mar fair last week and the act was surprisingly weak on most counts. I remember the Nerveless Nocks when they would make you cringe.
Oh well...maybe Bello will carry the torch a bit higher.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Saw the Cole Bros Circus Last Night (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL