The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Andy Nyman's Dead Zone Pro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3941 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quite possibly the coolest mentalism routine ever!
After more than two years of planning and prototypes, finally the ultimate one-man version of Andy Nyman's classic effect.
For those of you not familiar with the Dead Zone plot here is what the audience sees:
A spectator is invited to help test your abilities in the new defense technique known as "Dead Zoning." You explain that it is a combination of heightened body language reading, plus the ability to imagine a 'Dead Zone' on the person you are looking at - in essence it allows you to know whether someone poses a threat to you just by looking at them. The technique is now taught to bodyguards, secret service agents and airport security personnel.
At this point you explain that you imagine the "Dead Zone" as a target. You then proceed to “stick” a picture of a target onto the spectator. Ask the spectator to imagine that he is an assassin and draw his attention to the case on the table. Explain that it contains a selection of weapons that may be used by an assassin and ask him to open the case and take a look inside.
Turn your back to the spectator & instruct him to place each of the weapons into his pockets. Once done, you turn to face him and ask him to walk away from you. After a couple of steps you stop him and by staring at the 'Dead Zone' you correctly reveal which weapons are in which pocket!
As the applause fades you explain that sometimes if you really tune into the 'Dead Zone' you can know what is going to happen before the thoughts even enter the other person’s mind.
Ask him to remove the 'Dead Zone' target that you stuck on him and open it up. It is a prediction that correctly states which of the weapons he would place in which pockets with perfect, 100% accuracy every time!
Dead Zone Pro is truly geared towards the professional performer and each unit has been carefully hand crafted to ensure both quality and reliability.
Each unit is precision made to the highest standard and comes complete with everything you need to perform this fantastic routine:
Case & Weapons specially adapted by Christopher Taylor from Canada!
Receiver with light or vibrate options!
Three different targets to create a different outcome at repeat performances!
Full instructions and professional script by Andy Nyman!
Brief Case Dimensions: Approximately 11.5" x 9.5" x 3.5" (29cm x 24cm x 9cm)

$1,599.00

What do you think of this effect?
Do you think you will get enough "bang" for the buck?

Thank you.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I perform Andy's original (ahem) 2 man version, and it's free.
If I wanted to 'tech it up' then I'd buy Christopher's Pro thumper.
IMHO I think I'd rather spend the cash on a Labco table if I really needed to be a one-man show, and that way hopefully get a bit more flexibility out of the props.
Just my tuppence!
[
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I wonder, for those who travel to perform, if airline travel with a case full of weapons might be a problem in today's high-security climate.

- entity
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Labco ufoII, and a bit of creativity, and you have an identical effect.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2007-06-22 11:47, entity wrote:
I wonder, for those who travel to perform, if airline travel with a case full of weapons might be a problem in today's high-security climate.

- entity

Excellent point!
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I love my ufo ii - if it was a woman I'd marry it!
[
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Yeah but she'd always know where you were....
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
LMAO!
[
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
The Ufo II is an absolute winner
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It looks good. http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......p;page=1

If any videos come out let us know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Andy Nyman's Dead Zone Pro (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL