The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Where can I buy prizes for children parties??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
I was wondering if anybody knew of an online shop that sold prizes for kids. I would use these as a prize after being my assistant. Any suggestions on what to give them would be good too.
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
My assistants get a special balloon model and an Emazdad badge, you could also give Certificates, or a small prize toy, like a cheap plastic magic trick etc. It doesn't have to be big or expensive, you just have to look around.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Everyone gets a notice of being a magicians assistant, and a magic wand is what I do. Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
I use balloon animals as prizes. My theory is that I want them to be busy while I'm twisting balloon animals, so I do the animals during the games. I also give out business cards as prizes, kids love them.

You can go to The Oriental Trading Company for novilty items like the fortune telling fish. You could always give away goodie loot bags as prizes, but make sure everyone gets one.
Smile
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
A good tip if you are giving your assistant balloon models, give it to them to hold while they take their applause, then take it off them for safe keeping untill the end of the show. this stops lots of twisty squeeky noises from the audience as they play weith it, and avoids a burst balloon and tears in the middle of the next trick.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Jolly Wally the Clown has custom made bumper stickers to give kids as prizes.

Click here to view attached image.
Evan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Evan
WOW The Oriental Trading Company was exactly what I was looking for.
I found this MAGIC TRICK ASSORTMENT (72PC)

That might work as well.

Are foutune telling gold fish those things you put in your hand and they tell your foutune?

Thanks guys,

Evan
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
It looks good to me, and reasonably priced.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
For Ideas for Kits Check out:

You should be able to come up with something from this list.
Dennis Michael
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative you can check out this site. It gives assorted childrens tricks at a very resonable price.
http://5fingermagic.makesparties.com/cat......tegory=4
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
You can use Oriental Tranding Co. or in the US check out Party City, a chain store in most major cities dealing with party supplies and costumes.
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
138 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
I give stickers to everyone after a birthday magic show (you can get some that say "magician's assistant" too). For a sticker assortment, check out http://www.tmyers.com
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
myname1960
View Profile
Regular user
Chris from Ohio
111 Posts

Profile of myname1960
I love The Oriental Trading Company . Get on their mailing list and they will send you a catalog of what they offer.
Tons of stuff that you could give to kids. Maybe even do a bit of magic and have their prise appear just for them.

Chris
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
if you buy in bulk you can save yourself alot of money. So you can buy from the sister company of oriental which is http://www.funexpress.com

ken
mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
Quote:
On 2003-01-30 17:02, Evan wrote:
I was wondering if anybody knew of an online shop that sold prizes for kids. I would use these as a prize after being my assistant. Any suggestions on what to give them would be good too.
Oriental Trading Company, Inc-800-562-9300. Get their catalog. It's full of cheap and clever stuff. You will never need another source, Smile
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Just a note about the Oriental Trading Company. I recently ordered a couple of packs of fortune telling fish from them. When they arrived I found they had also sent a complementary soup bowl. If you live outside the USA like me you will know how much air freight can add to these orders. The fish could have been sent in an A4 envelope for a fraction of the actual postage I had to pay. They had sent a very large box with heaps of filler to keep the complementary soup bowl secure. With what I paid in air freight I could have purchased a whole dinner set. If you are placing international air freight orders with the Oriental Trading Company I recommend you ask them to not send the complementary soup bowl.
Smile
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI Ken,
Are you saying that the Fun Express is cheaper than oriental provided you buy bulk or visa versa?
Phillip
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Phillip

Cheaper yes if you buy in bulk. I buy in case lots. For example, if you buy fortune telling fish from ort. they cost about 7.50 a gross. Now if I buy a case lot from funexpress it will cost me 2.95 per gross of fish. but I have to buy 250 gross which is 737.00us dollars. Now that is alot to keep on the shelf. But it makes me more profits in my goodie bags and I sell them to my other entertainers friends here in GA that may buy 10 gross from me. I will sell it to them for maybe 1.00 more pr gross so I make alittle money there.

So yes if you have the space and $$ buy from funexpress and SAVE alot of money down the road.

Phillip you ought to think about coming over in August to the states and going the a convention called kidabra. http://www.kidabra.com

It is a great convention for family entertainers.

Best,
Ken
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use Oriental Trading also. But also try Joissu and Rhode Island Novelty catalogs. Certain products can be cheaper. Don't forget the fee for shipping and handeling.

http://www.rinovelty.com

http://www.joissu.com
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
For childrens parties I offer:
30 min magic and juggling show
45 min magic and juggling show
balloon sculpting
facepainting
my customer can choose what every they like. I will admit the show and balloons are my biggest sell but I often just do the show. I do produce a gift for the birthday chlid, I order the same places listed already.
sometimes they want face painting and balloons with no magic too :O(
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Where can I buy prizes for children parties??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL