The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope a fun thing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Next to coins rope is one of my favorites, easy to learn & perform with good results.I learned 3 new routines this week.the Mark wilsons book "complete course in magic" has a detailed how to section on rope magic.the whole book is well worded & illustrated.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
There is sooo much to do with ropes. Everyone can relate to a simple piece of rope, which is what adds to the magic. The things that can be done with that look totally impossible.

Also, the Mark Wilson book is fantastic, as you've found out. Keep studying it. You'll keep going back to it often.

Mark.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2316 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Rope magic was my strong suit for years. I love the miriad of effects you can do with it. Easy to carry, and easy to afford.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
That is true Kotah ,I do find it interesting what you can do with everyday objects.
I do have a video with some great things you can do with ropes,matches,rings,thimbles,rubberbands,even sugar cubes!
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Rope magic is a passion of mine. It was the first phase of magic I studied and practiced, and after many years I'm still learning.

It's a great place to start if you want to do standup, just as cards are a great place to start if your cup of tea is closeup.

Both are inexpensive and there is a host of material to work on.

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
A freind told me "your starting out with close up magic is one of the most diffucult types to perform" I find the mechanics in many rope tricks fairly easy to do & hiding the gimicks not a issue. I just learned a cool rope trick three to one with a rope you start out with what appears to be three ropes knotted togerher at each end
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
I haven't done much with rope tricks, but after reading this I'm going to pull out Mark Wilson's book and review those rope routines.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4877 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
If you like rope magic, check out Comedy Rope and Ring (Ch. 3) in my new book/dvd, Kingdom of the Red, which will be available next month Aug. 31. Check the link below near my signature.
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Richard Saunders fibre optics is an amazing DVD and never fails to get a few "WTF"'s when I perform... Pulling the middle off the rope stuns them.
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
You need to learn SANDSATIONAL..Howard
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Sandsational is square one of rope magic. If you know nothing about rope magic I suggest you start there.

If you know a rope trick or two, Karl Fulves, Mark Wilson, or Stewart James would be more to your liking.

If you already know the classics Daryl, Pavel, Francis Tabray, Dennis Loomis, or Richard Sanders will be a bit more challanging.

If you are an absolute rope nut I suggest you learn the moves of Shigeo Takagi.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope a fun thing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL