The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Card from Wall » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Hi Chad, Nice to see you on here, and look forward to this week with you. I was working a gig a few months ago and had a guy tell me about a magician that he saw in Phoenix at a conference pull cards from the wall. It most likely was you.

Do you still do a lot of walk around gigs these days? or mostly stand up? Do you use this effect a fair bit still? Anyhow, it was fun to hear about it from a non magician, all he wanted me to do was pull a card from the wall, so now I am working on it...ha.

Sean
rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
Hi Chad,

Welcome to Café de magia.

Any plans for a big book and some dvds?

Best
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Hello Chad,

In agreement with rubadubdub's comment above, a book or dvd project would be very welcome. Your magic is terrific and your performing style is most entertaining. Give it some serious thought.

In the meantime, welcome to The Magic Café. I am looking forward to a week of fun reading here.

John Luka
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Sean,

That's weird, because just the other day a guy was telling me he told another magician about me pulling a card out of the wall in Phoenix! Actually, I don't know for sure if it was me, but I can say that I've pulled many cards out of walls at conferences in Phoenix, so it very well could have been. I actually do quite a few strolling gigs, and pull cards out of the wall whenever I get the chance. The situation has to be right for that one.

Take care,

Chad
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Rubadubdub,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I am working on a book and dvd project but, as you well know, these things can take decades. In all seriousness, I hope to have something done really soon. Thanks for asking!

Chad
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Hi John!

Thanks for stopping by, and the kind words. You're one of the nicest guys in magic and it's been a pleasure working for you over the years. Now, I would compliment you some more, but I have to go work on that book and dvd...

Take care,

Chad
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
HI Chad,

We recently met at the Motor City Close-up Convention. I enjoyed your performance very much. It was great fun and I hope to see more of you in the future.
Kind Regards,

Patrick Redford
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Hey Chad I dated a woman not too long ago that told me she had dated a magician in high school that pulled cards out of walls...Turns out it was you!
Thought you might get a kick out of that I know I did.
cheers,
Jason Wethington
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-25 13:28, Patrick Redford wrote:
HI Chad,

We recently met at the Motor City Close-up Convention. I enjoyed your performance very much. It was great fun and I hope to see more of you in the future.
Kind Regards,

Patrick Redford

Patrick,

It was great meeting you in Detroit. I had a great time up there. Thanks for the kind words.

Chad
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-25 21:18, JTW wrote:
Hey Chad I dated a woman not too long ago that told me she had dated a magician in high school that pulled cards out of walls...Turns out it was you!
Thought you might get a kick out of that I know I did.
cheers,
Jason Wethington

Jason,

Please tell me that's the only comparison she made, LOL! Now, I have to know who you're talking about! On second thought, maybe you should PM me!

Chad
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Many MANY years ago I saw a guy pull cards from a wall at some place in the USA. It was a really classy joint called Razzles. The guy was okay but I sometimes think back and wonder whatever happened to him...
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
I'll never forget the night I first met Jon Allen. I'm doing magic in this nightclub called Razzles and a long, black limousine pulls up. A chauffeur opens the door, and this dashing young man steps out, complete with smoking jacket, glass of brandy, and a hot girl on each arm. Before I can ponder where I went wrong in my life, all three of them are standing directly in front of me. I choke my way through a few tricks, and finish off by visibly pulling a card from the wall. Both girls squeal in unison, and Jon gives me a knowing wink. I'm about to launch into a 12-phase oil and water routine, when Jon throws a twenty in my tip jar, and the three of them vanish into the night, doing things I've only seen in old, rented video tapes. Ahh, memories...

*Disclaimer: OK, not all of this is true, but he was with two girls, and I believe the tip was actually a five...

Chad
AnthonyMaze
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, Ca
260 Posts

Profile of AnthonyMaze
Ha Ha... that's hilarious...

What a meeting...lol
...for the 51st time... that is NOT my card...
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Quote:
On 2007-06-27 01:39, Chad Long wrote:

*Disclaimer: OK, not all of this is true, but he was with two girls, and I believe the tip was actually a five...

Chad

I'm still waiting for my change...

Jon
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 08:03, Jon Allen wrote:
Quote:

Chad

Jon

Oh, I think we're even. I mean, two girls, all for yourself? I always thought that was a bit, oh what's the word...stingy? I mean, I know I was married, so it didn't really matter, but would it have killed you to at least offer? You know, a simple "Chad, this is Cindy. Cindy, this is Chad." But Nooooo! Well, against my better judgement, I want you to keep in touch anyway! LOL! Take care...

Chad
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 13:45, Chad Long wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 08:03, Jon Allen wrote:
Quote:

Chad

Jon

Oh, I think we're even. I mean, two girls, all for yourself? I always thought that was a bit, oh what's the word...stingy? I mean, I know I was married, so it didn't really matter, but would it have killed you to at least offer? You know, a simple "Chad, this is Cindy. Cindy, this is Chad." But Nooooo! Well, against my better judgement, I want you to keep in touch anyway! LOL! Take care...

Chad

LMAO! Very funny!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Card from Wall » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL