The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Flip's Rope DVD... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
I haven't done ropes for awhile but was really curious about the DVD. Any thoughts by those who have it or are just Flip fans?
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
I have it and it is very well done.

If I were producing it, I would have included a few more shots from the performer's perspective.

He does a very good act and if you watch it a few times and practice you can do a whole night with a rope.

Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
I got it for Christmas and I think that it is excellent but does take some practice as does all good magic Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
Palle
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Palle
Flip's is ok, but if it was my money I would go with Tabary - the most elegant rope magician today. His routines are not that difficult, but require time to learn, and are very visual.

palle...
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4820 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Some really wonderful rope magic can be found on the Aldo Colombini videos "Lasting Impressions" Volumes 2 and 4. The Tabary rope videos are also excellent.
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
331 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
I worked on Tabary all summer to make it look smooth and those are the ones to go with. I got Flip's DVD about a month ago, and it has some cool material, but nowhere near as innovative as Tabary. When you start playing around with combining the two, you can put together some incredible effects. Flip has one phase in his first routine that is the usual endless loop of rope where you hold two ends in one hand and pretend to keep feeding the rope, nothing special so far, but then he makes it appear to be two endless loops linked through each other, which then dissolve into a knot in the middle of one fully restored rope. It is SWEET!! Smile
magicman2000
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of magicman2000
I have Flips DVD and it is not one of my favorites. If you want to get into rope magic again I suggest you go with Daryl's Expert Rope Magic series. Once you learn the basics, volume 8 has a great 10 minute routine at the end.
magicdad
View Profile
New user
Indiana
25 Posts

Profile of magicdad
Hi Guys;
Remember, Flip's material is 20 years old. It's where Tabary and Daryl got some of their ideas!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1885 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Tabary even credits Flip in his second video.
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I didn't care for it that much; I would recommend Daryl's Expert Rope Magic series.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
107 Posts

Profile of DonB!
I also have the Flip DVD, and really liked it. I currently perform most of the Tabary routine, but have added some "in between" effects from Flip's DVD.

I highly suggest purchasing it. His ring & rope stuff is great.

DonB!
DonB!
Non-stop laughter. Eternal Impact.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I would like to add to the list of rope magic.

Shiego Takagi— his routines on cut and restored ropes are among the best availiable if you can still find the video.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
I was wondering when someone was going to mention Shigeo Takagi! ..... His work is incredible and I have often turned to his cut and restored rope routine when searching for a piece with guaranteed results...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Flip's Rope DVD... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL