The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Raise rise » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
A little bird told me that you are one of a very exclusive group who can do Kosbys raise rise competently?

Is there any truth in this evil rumour? lol

Best

Ruba
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
227 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Hey Ruba,

I used to do it decently, but haven't done it in ages. I could never do his set-up, instead opting for the one described in Magical Arts Journal. I don't remember which one it was, you'll have to dig it up somewhere. Take care...

Chad
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
Ruba,

It is possible to do it without a set-up.

When you need a card to come out, just pull down with the pinkie about where you want the card to "rise", pull it to the right a bit, then push it forward in one fluid motion.

I posted a video of it on youtube, though I wasn't very good at it back then. Now I sidejog the card further back than forward so you don't get the small flash you see in the front. I hope you still get the general idea when you watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efhXpps_eQM
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Thanks for sharing the clip.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Quote:
On 2007-06-25 07:36, rubadubdub wrote:
A little bird told me that you are one of a very exclusive group who can do Kosbys raise rise competently?

Is there any truth in this evil rumour? lol

Best

Ruba

I have seen Chad perform this many times. Chad does it better than anyone. It just turns me green with envy whenever I see him do it.
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
227 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Sullivanl,

Awesome, thanks for posting that! I may never try it again...I'm sad now...

Chad

PS: John, check's in the mail...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Raise rise » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL