The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Malone's Magic Bar » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hi Chad! Any stories yiou could share about working there with Bill?

Since the bar closed, have you gotten another bar/rest gig?

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Hi Christopher,

I only worked there for a month or so about 10 years ago, but it was a lot of fun. I was sitting in the bar with Bill once and this guy whose table I'd worked earlier asked if I could do a couple hours of magic for his cocktail party the next night, and also asked how much it would be. I told I'd love to do it, and it would be $600. He said that would be great and started to leave. Bill stopped him and said that I was new and didn't know the fees. He then told the guy it would actually be $4000 for the two hours! The guy just shook his head, said that wouldn't work at all, and walked out. I never quoted another price after that!

One night, Bill was there and this big table in the corner asked the waitress to send him over. She came to the bar where he was standing and told him the vice-president of the company wanted him to do some magic for their table. In a really LOUD voice Bill said to her, "You tell him when he's President, I'll think about it!" Everyone cracked up...ahh memories...

Take care,

Chad
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Bill's a funny, talented guy. I heard he's rough to work for though. If you got more attention them him ( which means you were verrrry good ) he'd let you go.

You only worked there a month, so you are verrrry good!

Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 12:44, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Bill's a funny, talented guy. I heard he's rough to work for though. If you got more attention them him ( which means you were verrrry good ) he'd let you go.

You only worked there a month, so you are verrrry good!

Bill's a great guy, and I think if he sticks with the magic and keeps practicing, it may just, and I don't want to sound too optimistic here, it may just lead somewhere.

Actually, when I left Malone's it was nothing like that. I used to drive down from quite a ways to work there for a week, or a weekend, and then drive home. After a couple months, the logistics of it didn't really work for me, but me and Bill remained good friends, of course. Take care...

Chad
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Chad, thanks for the extra info!!!

I may "just" have been qualified to be a busboy in Malone's bar. If I woked hard enough.

You rock!!

Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 15:04, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Chad, thanks for the extra info!!!

I may "just" have been qualified to be a busboy in Malone's bar. If I woked hard enough.

You rock!!

Oh, I don't know about that. All the busboys at Malone's bar could perform everything from Revolutionary Card Technique! Take care...

Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » Malone's Magic Bar » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL