The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Close up Mentalism - Best effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I currently perform close up at lots of high profile corporate events here in the UK. Usually walkaround, but occasionally at tables. I'm looking for one or two killer mentalism effects to add to my repertoire. I have no problem mixing magic and mentalism - was interested to see Tim Conover at a UK convention last year doing stunning mindreading, and then producing a glass of water and superb coin effects in the same set. If it's good enough for Tim it's certainly good enough for me !!

So has anyone got any suggestions of things to try. Obviously all the usual restrictions for commercial close up apply - i.e. easy to carry, reset quickly, able to work without a table if possible, involve spectators physically and emotionally and, above all, be 100% fooling (I want that "what the **** ??" kind of reaction), so no long, involved mathematical effects!!

My initial thoughts are something using a peek wallet maybe, or a centre tear (think Tim was using Think Pink, but I could have been mistaken).

Your ideas would be very welcome.

Dave Hawkins
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Try PK time and Richard Osterlind's watch routine. Do them well and you could start a new religeon. Then finish them off with some metal bending and listen to the screams.
Good luck!

Steve
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yeah PK time (or Time Machine) would work well and any peek or tear that fits your needs, I use Acid Novus.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Panther (PW)
Mental Epic
Die Cipher 2
Brainwave Deck
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Phil Plus deck

MindCast
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The Invisible Deck (really!)

A Peek wallet that allows PW
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Ring of truth
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-06-25 21:47, Dr Spektor wrote:
The Invisible Deck (really!)

A Peek wallet that allows PW

I mentioned the Brainwave Deck not the Invisible Deck. There is a difference between the Invisible Deck and the Brainwave Deck.

All Peek Wallets allows you to PW.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
"The Blessing" would be good Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
All peek wallets do not allow you to PW.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I could be wrong. I'm not a professional at mentalism yet. Would you mind naming them.
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
That's okay Mike, I didn't mean to sound harsh. I'm certainly no pro either. I know the Stealth wallet (not the stealth assasin) does not allow for PW, neither does the Jaks style wallet. There are others that don't I'm sure.
Back on topic, I agree that any good peek or tear is quick and effective.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
"Out Of This World" (or your favorite variation of it).
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I have had more bookings from doing Andy Nyman's "The Hidden".
The patter, the change of pace, the reveal - all just sublime.
Any if I don't have the deck, I do the variation (which I'm ashamed to say I can't remember if its Ammar or Burton or neither!) the "Cut 10 card" routine.
[
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2007-06-25 22:40, Pit Boss wrote:
All peek wallets do not allow you to PW.

What a silly comment...I can think of severel of the top of the dome

Stealth assassin wallet
SUC
The outlaw wallet also does
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 04:06, looch wrote:

What a silly comment...I can think of severel of the top of the dome

Stealth assassin wallet
SUC
The outlaw wallet also does

I think he means 'some' wallets have the facility, but 'all' wallets do not.
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Yes stealth assassin does but stealth does not like he says not all peek wallets do.
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Looch read dynamikes post.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Hie try to get your hands on the predator wallet if you're really looking for something good and memorable for your audience .

Effects which connects you to the audience are best to be selected . Some of the effects which have gave me some of the best reactions I have ever had , close up are :

1)Indroducing myself with the PHIL Deck . My name will be written on the card they named ,or if it's a VIP , use their name .
2)Using the Stealth Assasin for a peek ,( I do the Hollywood Blockbuster routine). They think of a movie , you deduce it from the peek you just made. Very STRONG.
3)Trilogy by Alakazam Magic
4)Doing my own routine on the Predator Wallet .
5)Get Lincoln's Best Boon and do a prediction on a deceased family member or other swami effects that has a personal touch .

Read Alain Nu's Hardcore Mentalism for a great opener with coins prediction .
You can also see Changling by Max Maven for a similar close up effect . Richard Osterlind's Dynamic Mysteries also has many STRONG close up routines that you can use .

All this will fit in your pocket and plus it off with a strong performance, you'd be creating a lasting memory in their life's .
Best,
David
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
180 Posts

Profile of The Game
Cards: Impromptu invisible deck, the chosen card is then used for "The Haunted Deck", ACAAN, OOTW, Out of Body by Becker, full deck memorization.

mind reading: 4th Dimensional Telepathy, prediction using nail writer, design duplication using a wallet/ pad, contact mind reading.

PK effects (moving objects, PK touches) using loops/ ITR.

An effect with a time machine watch/ PK time.

Metal bending - coins and spoons/ forks.

10 card ESP matching routine.

Serial number divination of a banknote.

Magic square routine.

20-30 items memorization routine.

Zodiac sign revelation with anagram (can be mixed with day at any date feat).

Cold reading, if done properly and with high skill, is ultra strong. Can be used together with the zodiac sign revelation.

It will take lots of work and thought to routine these effects, since they are very strong, so the timing is crucial. It all comes from experience. Some effects may not suit your environment. It all depends on many things.
Regarding your "100%" fooling requirement, nothing worth having comes easy, so it requires practice to make it perfect.

Poison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Close up Mentalism - Best effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL