We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dunninger at the Lybrary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Hi all.
I was having a mooch on the Lybrary.com and came across 4 Dunninger radio programs at only $3 each down load them and cos its the lybrary the link never expires.Listening to Joe perform well its a beautiful thing,would that we all had personalities this hypnotic.I just wish one day to see actual film footage of the master at work but I'm told only a few have survived one day maybe.Still,a lot more of his radio shows are available so I'm elated to have found these.

Jason
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1134 Posts

Profile of Chris
I have added two more for a total of six Dunninger radio shows. It is unbelievable what Dunninger can pull off.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
For those interested: there are roughly 25+ hours of various Dunninger film footage in existence. Some are early shorts; the majority from his television series.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Where, Joe, where? You must think we're mindreaders!

(groooooan!)

*jeep!
-Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Joe any info on where to get hold of Dunninger footage id love to see him perform.If a dvd was released of his tv shows someone could make a kiling.

Jason.
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
I've searched for Dunninger film/tape for 20 years - so I'm pretty confident there isn't much out there that I don't know of. There is always the hope though that a new cache shows up, hidden away in someone's garage!

The movie shorts are of Dunninger primarily exposing the evil ways of fraudulent spirit mediums.

The vast majority of the early television shows have been lost - which is unfortunately the case with many old television shows that ran only one season. From what is left, Dunninger is in great form. The material he presents is still baffling and in many cases, very little updating of it would need to occur before it could be presented to a "modern" audience.

Because the film and tape are so old and unfortunately, were not held in climate controled, archival conditions, most of what is left has deteriorated badly. That brings up the first problem. It is ungodly expensive to convert film to digital and restore. Shows on tape are much less expensive to convert to digital format (though that skill is becoming lost) but they too are deteriorating and thus require restoration.

The second issue is the rights. While I have shown some film at a few educational lectures I've conducted, at present, I do not own the rights for reproducing and distributing. But be assured, that I am indeed working on that and the preservation of all film/tape.

A funny story (at least I think so) - one show was being converted down in Hollywood last summer and a TV producer and I watched the restored film for the first time in decades. All of the sudden on the film, Dunninger starts talking about "the difficult test, one in which I have but one chance in many thousands..." I immediately realized it was footage of his slate test. We watched the segment and I noticed out of the corner of my eye, that the producer kept looking at me. He had seen me perform the same effect in my show - so he was a little shaken after seeing the original segment. I think I heard 'spooky" being mumbled.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore

JosephAtmore.com
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
422 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
I will be showing some rare film at the upcoming Mindvention. This film has only previously been shown during a lecture at the Magic Circle and to the PEA.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore

JosephAtmore.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dunninger at the Lybrary (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL