The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something to think about (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I've been a member of the magic Café for a long time and I've posted in many different sections here, in no other section do I see, on a regular basis, silly arguments, flaming, arrogance, ignorant and overbearing behavior, than in Penny For Your Thoughts. Does this say something about mentalists? Do we have major Ego problems? Do we mentalists think we're better than everyone else in the magic community and therefore become arrogant and overbearing about it with each other and everyone else?

Something to think about.

Anabelle
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Besides The Workers Penny for your Thoughts is one of the most frequented forums here.

There are other forums that exhibit the same behavior. So much so that I stay away for a few days till it's cleared up.

Just stay OUT of the threads that start to go nowhere. Don't contribute. It's like a little kid teasing another kid. The more the teased kid screams and hollers the more he/she gets teased.

A lot of teasing goin' on but if you filter through it there's a lot you can learn in this forum if you are into mentalism.

J
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
I've seen it all over The Café. I asssume it's just a magician thing. I try my best to keep my part of that behavior to an absolute minumum (I'll crack a joke about a post now and again, but I wont be mean or vicious). I laughed when I saw an application for IBM. Sounds like a nice idea on the surface, but I cant figure out why in the world I would join a fraternity of individuals who I have watched get so much enjoyment out of tearing each other down and arguing with each other.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I think it's an online forum thing, think about it's a bunch of oppinionated people of course there are going to be some toes stepped on.
P3
practice practice perform.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It's all because so many (so called) mentalist are arrogant, jealous and bad tempered. When I first joined last year I noticed a big difference comparing this forum to others. Since I was serously wanting to learn mentalism, I stayed. Every time before I enter the forum I tell myself "If you can't beat them, join them." I had to go thru a lot of bashing to get where I am at now. It is worth it.
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Let He/She who has not sinned cast the first stone...

Something else to think about.
To believe is Magic.
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
One need only to observe the posts which are responed to and compare them to the posts that are glossed over and it speaks volumes.

Not all forums are the same and that is why some require some due diligence on the part of the prospective member in order to be admitted and others require only two clicks.

Nothng worthwhile is ever easy.

Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
How funny, you read my mind... It is very annoying, especially when people treat posts like their private pm, I know we are all probabaly guilty of this in some way but there are some who are just unstoppable in there diatribes. I said in another post that when I got into magic and first started searching through this site the amount of off the topic posts is unbelievable and very frustrating to read through. Personal opinions are just that, well that's my opinion anyway...
How funny that those who practice mind reading and mind control really have no control over their minds at all. I'm not surprised though, alas this is the irony of life...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Anabelle, I think it's a combination of several things. Penny gets an awful lot of traffic. "Mob mentality" is human nature. So, the more people in one place the more likely it is there's going to be a pile on.

Like the New Yorker cartoon put it, "on the Internet, no one knows you're a dog." Among other things, less experienced introverts get to role play what it's like to be a globe trotting extrovert. The results are often the same as having five hundred dogs running around your backyard.

John
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Woof!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 10:14, Sebastian Black wrote:
One need only to observe the posts which are responed to and compare them to the posts that are glossed over and it speaks volumes.

Not all forums are the same and that is why some require some due diligence on the part of the prospective member in order to be admitted and others require only two clicks.

Nothng worthwhile is ever easy.

Black

Never a truer word spoke buddy, So much gets glossed over, its a shame the stuff that gets the attention is such garbage.
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Speaking for myself I know I am better than anyone else.
Franklin
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 10:05, Dynamike wrote:
It's all because so many (so called) mentalist are arrogant, jealous and bad tempered. When I first joined last year I noticed a big difference comparing this forum to others. Since I was serously wanting to learn mentalism, I stayed. Every time before I enter the forum I tell myself "If you can't beat them, join them." I had to go thru a lot of bashing to get where I am at now. It is worth it.

Sorry to kick your butt off your high horse, but I think you are a BIG BIG reason that this thread was started. (how was that for showing an example. Smile )
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I look at this as a magical Brotherhood....and my brothers and I always went around Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 14:53, chichi711 wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-26 10:05, Dynamike wrote:

Sorry to kick your butt off your high horse, but I think you are a BIG BIG reason that this thread was started. (how was that for showing an example. Smile )

You can't be a mentalist because you can't even control your own mind. You mentioned you were going to stop answering to my post. I got more control over you than you have over yourself. LOL

You are one of the ones I was referring to in my previous post. I see why they call you the arguementalist. That's why no one in your home wants to give you any attention. So you decide to bring your anger here. Have you ever thought about getting a life?
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Thanks Micheal I think you proved the point of the thread rather well with that last post.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You do not have to thank me for proving you are the problem. LOL
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
C'mon, kids. If you don't have anything nice to say . . .
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
That's a good one. Smile
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Makes me SO glad I'm not a mentalist... Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something to think about (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL