The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Idea for trick...comments needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex Kiryakakis
View Profile
New user
St. Cloud, MN / Austin, TX
11 Posts

Profile of Alex Kiryakakis
Today I was standing in my driveway, and I saw a leaf being blown across it, very slowly. It gave me this idea: attach invisible thread to a leaf on the street, stand 5 or 10 feet away, and then have the leaf come to you. It would be on w kind of windy day, so it wouldn't just be reaaling strainht towards your hand. I was wondering if there are any invisible thread reels that reel in very slowly? thanks...
They were shooting off fireworks through the teargas down on the waterfront, the sky exploding in grenades of color. Whatever it is that pulls the pin, that hurls you past the boundaries of your own life into a brief and total beauty, it is enough.
<
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2394 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
That's kinda neat.

Another way to do it might be to just stick a length of IT on your shirt and the other end on the leaf (about 4' should do). Then you could crouch down get the IT in the crotch of your thumb and slowly lift your hand. The leaf would start to come to you. Thenm you could slowly stand and the leaf would rise up. then you coud slowly reach and it would come right into your hand..

That would look purdy durn slick on a windless day.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I think the Kennedy reels ony go 6 feet now but that's the one. Danny has a better idea with the single strand and anchor.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
The Kennedy is 10ft.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Thanks nitram, your right. I read it backwards, they no longer sell the 5' spools, only the 10' now.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Idea for trick...comments needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL