We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Inside Magic by Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
I just want to start off saying that this is an amazing DVD, everyone should own it.

Trick 1: ReadMinds - A person picks a card and you tell them what it is by reading their mind. This trick is ok, but not something I would use over and over. It teaches a force that can't be learned everywhere, but one that I probably wont ever use

Trick 2: MindReach - A deck is spread across the table face down. Each card that you tell them to touch, is shown to be that card. This trick is amazing. It's not great for street magic, but I do it whenever I'm at a gathering or with some friends. It's utterly impossible yet so simple. Great trick.

Trick 3: French Drop - A coin vanishes from your bare hand and reappears anywhere you want. The French Drop is a classic coin vanish. The way that Brad teaches it is amazing, so amazing that you will have it down so fast.

Trick 4: Wave the Aces - A selected card appears between two aces. This is a trick that I use all the time. It is super simple yet so visual. If you want to perform a trick that David Blaine uses, this is the one for you!

Trick 5: Card in Mouth - The spectator selects a card which appears folded up inside the spectators mouth. This is another great T.V. effect. I love this trick, whenever I perform it, people scream, run away and jump around. A great reveal of a card.

Trick 6: Haunted Folding Bill - A dollar bill laying on your hand just starts folding itself up into quarters. This is a HIGHLY visual trick that is made easy by Brad Christian. He teaches you how to make your own gimmick in a matter of minutes. I love performing this in front of a mirror, it freaks me out even when I know the method.

Inside Magic 2: This is the section of the DVD that is a little harder, but the tricks are worth the practice.

Trick 1: Sponge Balls - A sponge ball is placed into the spectators hands and when they open their hands, there are two. Then then two are placed in their hand and when they open their hand again, there are 10. A great sponge ball routine that was seen on a David Blaine special. Very simple and very rewarding. I love watching peoples faces when the sponge balls appear in drastic numbers.

Trick 2: Push-in Sponge Vanish - Imagine CLEARLY pushing a ball into your closed hand then slowly opening it to show it has completely VANISHED. The ball is then pulled back out of anywhere. Yet another helpful sleight using sponge balls taught in detail by Brad that the spectators will not believe.

Trick 3: Biddle Trick - A selected card vanishes from the magician's hands to the deck the spectator is holding. The card appears in that deck, FACE UP. This trick is amazing, I still use it today. It is probably my favourite card trick that I have ever learned. It is so simple, so visual and so amazing.

Trick 4: Flourishes - This section of the DVD teaches you a few flourishes including a coin roll which is a very fun way to play with a coin.

Trick 5: Lightning Coin Vanish - The magician places a coin in his hand and makes it vanish. But it appears in his other hand. I bought the DVD for this trick, but was a little dissapointed, the method isn't great, but it still looks amazing.

Trick 6: Slydini Cigarette Restoration - A cigarette broken into 3 pieces visually changes into one. This is a great trick which I perform with chalk. It is very visual when done right and is simply amazing.

Overall, this is a great, great, great beginners DVD and can benefit a lot of people! I highly recommend it!

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
You could basically just buy Mark Wilson's Course on Magic. The book is $9.95. The Ellusionist DVD is $39.00. Hmm....

Luke
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Quote:
On 2007-06-28 22:55, Magicmania wrote:
You could basically just buy Mark Wilson's Course on Magic. The book is $9.95. The Ellusionist DVD is $39.00. Hmm....

Luke

A little late for that don't you think?

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I started with Ellusionist. The vhs tapes I bought were Expensive!!! Lucky for me, I found other stores, and more reasonable prices. E started me in magic.. anyway, good review Mitchell.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mitchell, nice review. I'm thrilled you're excited about learning and performing!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Nice review Mitchell. I agree, great DVD for beginners.

Also, you cant take away the fact that Brad is a great teacher IMO.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1352 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Ellusionist Video products are always first class. I have many of them.
I became interested in card magic (after 20 years of dabbling in magic) because of their products.

And I agree, Brad is an excellent teacher.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Nothing wrong with the DVD, and I am glad that Mitchell is so happy about this. Yet, I would also recommend books for learning magic. For example - Mark Wilson's Course on Magic is a great resource and teaches much more than the DVD.

Andy
Cards never lie
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2007-06-28 23:36, MitchMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-28 22:55, Magicmania wrote:

Luke

A little late for that don't you think?

Mitchell

Well, you should've looked around first. Smile
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
WesleyBryan
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of WesleyBryan
"Trick 5: Card in Mouth - The spectator selects a card which appears folded up inside the spectators mouth. This is another great T.V. effect. I love this trick, whenever I perform it, people scream, run away and jump around. A great reveal of a card."

I think you meant that it winds up in the MAGICIAN'S mouth, not the spectator's. I'm sure it was an honest mistake. Just wanted to alert those who were not familiar, so they don't buy the DVD with a false impression of what they'll learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Inside Magic by Ellusionist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.98 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL