The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hundy 500- Close Up? Or Parlour? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Dear All,

Can this be done close up and arethe people on hundy 500 stooges ??

regads

James Smile
tankk
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of tankk
Yes this can be done close up (right in front or side of you) Not sure about the stooges, it sure would be alot of them if they were.

Kevin
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of afknight
I know two magicians who swear by Hundy 500 and they perform it close-up with no angle problems. I just made mine up today and it got a good reaction in a close up situation. I personally don't think there were stooges in the DVD but maybe I'm too unassuming....
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
James, you have the DVD. Greg does it 10 times for 10 different groups of people and every one is done close up. And no, none of the people are stooges.
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
I'm interested - how do you actually know that none of them are stooges ixnay66? It's plausable that to make the effect seem better he used actors to behave more enthusiastically and for them not to mention any discrepencies they could see from being so close.

Staying on topic, this type of effect is ideal for walk around magic - closeup or otherwise - good luck myturnplzaa...

Smile
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
Stooges or not .........good grief. Get past this. Greg Wilson was generous enough to share this effect (with Patrick Page permission). Let me ask you, did YOU enjoy the effect? I think you did.
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Dear all...

I think the effect is awesome..

It wasn't me who said they were stooges someone else did...

I love the DVD..

regards

James
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Quote:
On 2003-02-01 07:53, zauber wrote:
Stooges or not .........good grief. Get past this. Greg Wilson was generous enough to share this effect (with Patrick Page permission). Let me ask you, did YOU enjoy the effect? I think you did.

Well you might be suprised to hear that the effect did not impress me that much, and learning that it's a gimmicked effect detracts from hundy500 even more in my opinion.

There are numerous posts on the Café describing all sorts of problems that hundy500 purchasers have had - it just seems to me to a be little bit rubbish! Like i say, just my opinion, i'm sure others will get a lot more out of it if they don't have a sceptical mind like me!

Smile
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Think what you want chris the trick is awesome.
the_hidey
View Profile
New user
Chris
63 Posts

Profile of the_hidey
Hi MyTurnPlazAA I just ordered the rubber cement from that site, should be here sum time in the near future, cheers for the advice.
Chris
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
it's pretty simple, folks...if you like the effect, if it makes you wonder how it was done, then get it...and learn how you can share that wonder with your audiences.

Personally, I prefer the Slow Burn handling, but there will be others who like Hundy more. Go for it.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What is the basic effect of hundy 500?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Hi Pete Biro

Here is a description from http://www.magicsmith.com

Love the Hundred Dollar Bill Switch but find the folding and unfolding to be a bit slow and sluggish? Wait 'til you experience the Formula One speed of Hundy 500.

Gregory Wilson's version of Patrick Page's modern-day classic is a transformation of FIVE ONE DOLLAR BILLS into FIVE ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS! The handling has been souped-up, streamlined and built for speed.

The bills change invisibly from every angle in 10 different super-charged performances throughout LA - for babes on the beach to boyz ‘n da hood to cops on the beat.

Plus, this one-of-a-kind DVD comes with a special ‘Multi-Angle Shifter’ that puts you in the driver's seat. This brand new feature to magic allows you to switch back and forth to one of three camera angles- edited, top and front.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm interested - how do you actually know that none of them are stooges ixnay66? It's plausable that to make the effect seem better he used actors to behave more enthusiastically and for them not to mention any discrepencies they could see from being so close.

I actually know because Greg is a friend of mine and I've watched him do this trick for YEARS and he always gets those kinds of reactions. Granted, he's a full time pro so he has lots of experience in entertaining and he handles props very naturally. Also, what kind of discrepancies are you talking about? If people are seeing things they shouldn't then you haven't learned to do the routine properly. You should never show someone a routine when you can't do it properly. So do you think the trick sucks because it's a gimmick? How about the $100 Bill Switch. I think that's incredibly strong. It uses a gimmick. The strongest versions of coins across use a gimmick. The best version of 3-fly uses a gimmick. The cleanest copper/silver routines that happen in the spectators hands use a gimmick. Do you think all tricks with a gimmick suck? I don't see that as a very good reason to not like something. If you truly feel that way your cutting off your nose to spite your own face and you're missing out on some GREAT magic.
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
I dislike effects that are gimmicked in such a way as hundy500 because you cannot hand them out at the end. Some gimmicks are good, ones that cannot be discovered or are able to be swapped efficiently. I find it hand to believe you could swap those bills for ones you could hand out without someone noticeing...

Anyway, like i said, this detracts from the effect in MY opinion, it may well still be a killer in the right hands (as it obviously is in your friend Greg's hands).

Think about what i'm saying, i'm not having a dig at gimmicked effects, i'm saying that the fact hundy500 is gimmicked and cannot be handed out detracts from what is otherwise a clean effect. Don't jump into the deep end...

Smile
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
Phonic69,

You can hand out the bills before the change and after.

Apart from 1...

Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So it can be examined
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
It's all about audience management and experience. It doesn't detract from the effect if you handle your audience well. There are a LOT of tricks that aren't' examinable that KILL laymen. Invisible deck, cardtoon, MacDonald's Aces and Ultimate 3-Fly to name a few. I've done the trick MANY times and nobody has ever asked to see the bills. I've defused the situation early through proper audience management. In the beginning the audience sees each bill, one at a time, very cleanly. After the change, they see each $100 bill singularly, one at a time, VERY cleanly. They don't doubt that they are seeing 5 $100 bills. I'm not jumping off the deep end. I can just tell you haven't been doing this for very long and you don't have the experience by your concerns. You'll get better and feel more confortable as you gain more experience in real world situations performing for real people. If you try and do this effect for your dad or your best friend who always watch you do tricks, they're going to want to see the bills. I get the feeling these are the types of people you do magic for. Peoeple who know you, know you do tricks, and have seen you do them on more then one occasion and are comfortable enough around you to be "grabby." So yeah...this probably isn't a good trick for you.
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
So what's the best type of people to do this on ??/

Your thouhgts please, Ixnay66.

How do u wider ur performance people (who u perform too I mean)

Regards

James Smile
syphon101
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of syphon101
I just recently received Slow Burn. Would you recommend Hundy 500 over Slow Burn?
Andy G
View Profile
Regular user
Terra Australis
180 Posts

Profile of Andy G
ixnay66 I think you hit the nail on the head, and this is a hurdle that anyone who is serious about magic has to overcome. Basically you have to get out there and do magic for strangers.

There's a great cliche that is so true, the difference between a pro and an amateur is an amateur keeps showing different tricks to the same people, and a pro shows the same tricks to different people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hundy 500- Close Up? Or Parlour? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL