The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » America's got talent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
He has a lot of his things for sale but not all. But Justin is right, Kevin should win the whole thing. He is the best. It upset me that a little girl beat Nathan last year, but Kevin beats them all. I'ts Kevins creativity that will keep him going.

that's what makes him so great.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chvsqMgPKhk

that's a youtube link for the kevin james las vegas act.
Mostly Harmless ^_^
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
Heres a 10 min video of all the performance acts from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iOTN9Ro7o
Mostly Harmless ^_^
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
I can't believe it that boy shakira is still in it and anthony reed is out
Mostly Harmless ^_^
drummer
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of drummer
I know! boy shakira stinks, they took him instead of Anthony Reed... Gosh!
shane
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of shane
I believe the reason we are left with boy Shakira and Kevin James is simple.
Originality.
Granted Anthony Read is great at what he does, but it is an effect that has been around for a long time. I believe our audiences are growing tired of seeing magic boxes and half naked women. What makes both Kevin and Boy Shakira memorable? The "wow, I have never seen anything like that before"
Much like the Ballywood dancer he is not a great dancer by Ballywood Standards but is showing use something we have never seen.

Sure Kevin showed us an old trick, sawing a women in half but did it with a originality that few in magic (besides Rajah Raboid) care to understand.
We should all wake up and try to push our art forward instead of performing effects which we have all seen on every Worlds Greatest Magic. Look a woman, a box, some music, oh my uncle does this trick!
Boy Shakira deserves to win! Because I have never seen anything like that, and I hope to see more of it in magic soon. The originality not the cross dressing!
I am also excited to see what Kevin has in store for use. Rumor around these parts is that he is going to cut Boy Shakira in half!
Shane
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
There's a reason we haven't seen anything like boy Shakira, because that's not talent...there's no way that Boy Shakira should have went in over Anthony Reed
shane
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of shane
"There's a reason we haven't seen anything like boy Shakira, because that's not talent...there's no way that Boy Shakira should have went in over Anthony Reed"

He says as he stands in front of what seems to be the silliest and most antiquated magic props I have seen. It seems to be a rather large box used for popping a balloon, so that stuff can fall out if it.

And Boy Shakira has no talent.
I assure you I can teach a monkey to use a balloon buster in a few hours, but getting you into the Boy Shakira outfit and teaching you to dance would seemingly be impossible.
I promise Boy Shakira spends more time practicing her/his art than most so called magicians. That visit the local shop buy a prop and perform in 15 minutes later.

An example would be Eli Kerr who screwed up a version of the shadow box and exposed its secret to the world. Of course maybe his version was original I mean the assistant also had birds, boy was that was great.

I have yet to see Boy Shakira have a bad set.

Terry please define talent?
Maybe I confused
Shane
MitchMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Quebec
277 Posts

Profile of MitchMagic
Boy Shakira and that Indian guy who dances took two spots that should have gone to other people. Not necessarily a magician, but there were much better acts that should have gone through instead of those two jokes of acts. Meh, that's tv for you.

Mitchell
Magic For Darfur
Save Us.
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
Lets imagine theres like a talent olympics where america has to send its representative. do you think they will chose boy shakira or even the indian dancing dude. no way. if you have like a party will you get boy shakira to perform at it shane?

the decision to let anthony go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3YdnRAsDg
Mostly Harmless ^_^
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I think the judges have once again embarrassed themselves. They should all three go back to England.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
drummer
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of drummer
Hey guys. two weeks ago I watched the New York show on saturday night. So the callbacks this Tuesday might air tonight also! Just a heads up to check your listings!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Tonight from 830-1000 is them performing,1000-1100 is the call backs.. but that time is here in ontario.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Kevin James top 20, that's freaking awesome.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Very Cool.
Cheety
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne
190 Posts

Profile of Cheety
How many more rounds are there?
Mostly Harmless ^_^
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
You have the semi-finals, elemination, finals. I believe that's it.

Best
Brandon
www.wagstermagic.com
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Just saw Kevin James on the semi's tonite and I wasn't too impressed.
Hope he still gets through though. He says that he is saving the best for last though.

Just vote.

Best
Brandon
www.wagstermagic.com
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Don't forget that the judges have the job of having a well-rounded show. They want a little bit of everything to choose from, a few singers, a few specialty acts, a few dancers, a few...only on AGT acts. It's about making it interesting and providing something to talk about at the water coolers( aka internet forums). They have done their job well (not to judge but to make the show something to talk about).
mitchb2
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of mitchb2
Question: was Kevin James finished? Or did it abort when he got the "X" ?
My wife says he was done, but it seemed to me that everything just stopped when the buzzer went.

If that really was the end of his act, it was bad. The hand gag was like something you do for a Halloween costume.

On the other hand, if there was more, why on Earth would you "gong" a magic act if you have no idea what's in store, especially if you already know that he's awesome?

I still gave him 10 votes, but I had no trouble getting through.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » America's got talent (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL