The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Fantasma magic cards at the Dollar tree store! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I had a buddy tell me he saw some kind of magic cards at our local Dollar tree store.So I went to see what they had I found three types of decks,one called "Svengali deck" another called "Blank deck" the last one called "tapered deck" each had instructions for 20 routines.The best $3 spent LOL. I was so suprized to see this kind of magic tricks at a store like that.I `m trying them out & finding them fun.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...all good "trick" decks. Get to know your local dollar store. It's the best "magic shop" in town!

Mark.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Are they Bicycle decks?
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
No not Bicycle.They are a generic type ,for what they are they are well cut. one contains a funny card the 4 1/2 of hearts LOL
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 11:17, mrunge wrote:
Yep...all good "trick" decks. Get to know your local dollar store. It's the best "magic shop" in town!

Mark.

Yes! and for the super creative Don't forget Hobby Lobby.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I met the CEO of Fantasma Magic at the IBM convention in Reno this week and he said that he sells to Walmart and Dollar Store. He has $500K in sales to Walmart alone per year and about every 6 months provides a new product for them. He clearly is attempting to mainstream the effects we have always considered proprietary to our 'fraternity'..................
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Too bad. I guess it's anything to make a buck. Then again, it might just start someone along the road to becoming the next, great magician!

Mark. Smile
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
500k$ turnover - not bad at all . . .
Cards never lie
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1617 Posts

Profile of bugjack
The Svengali Deck? Don't you mean TV Magic Cards...? I still remember those commercials from when I was young. And have you ever been to a Toys R Us recently? The one in New York has a magic section with a guy who demos and much more on sale that a Svengali deck.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I will have to try Walmart in a larger city fort wayne is only 25 miles away.If I get to indianapolis IN will haha to see what type of magic shops they have
drummer
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of drummer
That's really cool. I say a couple fop those at my rite aid. I almost buaght 'em but now I will.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I`ll have to keep looking in non magic stores for some things like that.Hi drummer let me know what card routines they have at rite aid & the cost?
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2007-07-02 21:32, enginemagic wrote:
I will have to try Walmart in a larger city fort wayne is only 25 miles away.If I get to indianapolis IN will haha to see what type of magic shops they have

If memory serves, they carry the $70 Fantasma magic set.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I went to two Walmarts in fort wayne & to my dismay neither rgulary carry magic sets .the only things associated with magic all Walmarts carry is playing cards,dice,and poker chips.the associate told me they have had some magic sets in the past.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
They are also in BJ's Wholesale club...
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I went to K-mart in Decatur IN they have two Fantasma magic sets one has a tophat with many tricks & I got the 150 trick set with the astounding DVD ,was nice they had some greats perform like Harry Houdini,Harry Blackstone,Channing Pollock,& others ,shows you how to do the main tricks in the set plus some others with everyday objects. will keep me busy for a while.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I worked for Fantasma at FAO Schwarz, as a sales/demo guy. Roger Dryer puts out some really great products!!! The DVD is one of THE BEST, period! The Deluxe set is one of their best products, check it out!
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Justin is Roger Dryer in the DVD that came with the 150 trick set? the person on the DVD was really well spoken & really outgoing guy ,thats what makes the magic enjoyable.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
It's been a few years, but he is on the Legands of magic DVD. He's in the begining, sitting on a bench and introduces Simon. If you have any of his products, his picture is on the instruction booklets.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Seen a happy looking guy holding a card by his face in the inside of the book,A buddy & I had fun last night with the tricks in the set I bought ,some simple & easy to do & figur out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Fantasma magic cards at the Dollar tree store! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL