The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Fantasma magic cards at the Dollar tree store! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
I know this is a very old thread, but thought I'd update it anyways. I just saw these cards yesterday at my local dollar tree. I am not positive they are Fantasma, but they were selling Svengali, Blank, and Marked decks.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1770 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I picked up a couple of these decks a number of years ago: the Blank deck and the Svengali deck. Here's a few observations:

- They're bridge sized: not standard poker sized.
- They're inexpensive: can't argue with the price!
- They're low quality: they don't have standard backs (Bicycle or otherwise), don't handle very good, and no roughing has been applied (so you can't fan the blank deck)

So they look and feel cheap, but hey, you're not paying much for them either. The Blank deck is quite a bit inferior to the deck used in the Mental Photography routine, and doesn't handle that great, but at least you can still perform the basic effect, and it's fun to mess around with if you're on a budget. The Svengali works fine, if you don't mind bridge sized cards and a deck that looks and feels cheap. I can't comment on the Tapered/Stripped deck, which I don't have.

These definitely aren't going to be something you'll want to use for performing on a regular basis, but if you've ever wanted to experiment with a Svengali deck or Blank deck, it's worth picking one of these up to see how they work and play around with them.
IanL
View Profile
New user
Washington State
83 Posts

Profile of IanL
I've bought a few of the Svengali decks to use with card in lemon type tricks. No point in wrecking a good deck and it's handy to have lots of identical force cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Fantasma magic cards at the Dollar tree store! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL