The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Six-Card Repeat (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I recommend the Skipbo version as well.....I am currently making a set for my kid shows....

Magic Magazine, June 2007, Turn it Around article

Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Okay, I've owned "six card what" for a few years, but actually tried it out the other day after reading this thread. It was a lot of fun. The kids didn't rush the performing area, either.

(First time I've done the trick with the b**kle, rather than using gimmicked cards.)

As you may know, the comedy of "six card what" is that you are "accidentally" dropping the cards. (and not doing the typical throwing away of 1-2-3 cards) So, they are scattered about the floor.

Anybody doing this in living room/parlor shows, where kids are seated up front on the floor? Or, are you saving it for stage....so as not to tempt the little ones?
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Didn't the article actually show the "UNO" version...or was it "Skip-Bo"? I bought the UNO version from the creator, and could not be happier!

Steve
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Where can one find Terry Lunceford's routine?

Thanks,

j.
ralphdean
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Ca
300 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Yahoo search has it at Hank Lee's.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I cannot find terry web site. But I bought it from him.

Ken
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I missed Magic magazine . . . Does anyone have the web address for the UNO creator? And how much is it?

Thanks.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
It runs about $19-$20...

Steve
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Steve are you referring to Terry's 6 card repeat?
k
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I found Terry's website:

http://www.ontheedgeofreality.com/
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Nope, Mumblemore asked about the new, improved, better "UNO" version that was mentioned in the Silly Billy column of Magic magazine a couple months back. I was just giving the price range. My magazines (and the whole library) are downstairs in the Studio, filed away, so I couldn't give the email address for the creator, but it is mentioned in another thread on the same subject.

Steve
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Ah, cool.

The effect is a great family show routine. I will say doing this in a kid only (living room setting) type show is tough. The kids do want to go for the cards.

Ken
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Let the kids go. Seeing their WIDE eyes as they try to tell you furiously, "HEY, MISTER, you dropped these cards, your trick isn't going to work." Is very funny.

John
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Thanks Steve for the info. I'll try to locate the spring Magic Magazines and go through them (or better yet, subscribe).

I'll look for the other thread and if I locate it, I'll post here.

Todd
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
According to PaulGreen on "New "UNO" 6-card-repeat" threat (thanks for the tip Steve), the trick is marketed by Nick Brown at nbrown@calpoly.edu

Let's not all e-mail him at once . . .
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Having never seen Terry's routine, could you have the cards fall into a top hat or container sitting on your table?

john
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
NO...everybody email Nick at once...and be sure to tell him that it's ME passing the word around about the UNO set! You'll absolutely LOVE this thing!

Steve
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-07-15 14:13, johnpert wrote:
Having never seen Terry's routine, could you have the cards fall into a top hat or container sitting on your table?

john

It wouldn't be funny that way.

It's kind of like tying the cap onto the wand in the pop off wand and not allowing the cap to FLY across the room. That's what makes it hilarious.

John
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Right.

You aren't supposed to notice that you are dropping them, so dropping them into a top hat would make it less funny.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
TheAstonishingLarry
View Profile
Regular user
I aspire to more than only
183 Posts

Profile of TheAstonishingLarry
I start with the Terry Lunceford gimmick to bring the extra cards into the routine and then go into a tale of the "Six Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" (which all kids seem to know). The kids help you count the six monkeys and then as you say the rhyme you drop several cards "accidently" on the floor. The kids love it when you start the next verse and still have six "monkeys" in your hand.

Regards,
Larry
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Six-Card Repeat (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL