We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What would You do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
Hey All,

yesterday I was at a family doing and my little 7 year old cousin was asking me to do a magic trick...Now, all I had with me was a Bic click pen, and I was keeping him amazed with a couple variations of the Flip stick, but can you think of anything else that you would do in this situation? Aside of course from vanishes with coins, etc. etc. but what would you do with a pen?
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1023 Posts

Profile of kannon
Pen through cheek by Andrew Mayne, just for chuckles

Inhale pen through nostril - perhaps this is all going in the wrong direction hope he doesn't try it Smile

Recap - with a different pen (not a clicky top)

Could incorporate some kind of pen through bill penetration, leaving bill in tacked

EDIT: Guess I need to think up, look up or remember some plain pen routines.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
Great! when you say Inhale the pen you're saying simply the classic gag like the cig where it slides into your hand, right?

I also was doing the shrinking pen where you pass it from hand to hand and it appears to shrink, that's an awesome one.
thanks again, welcome other ideas too!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...that's it. It's the same as the cigarette vanish up the nose.

Learn a bill penetration effect with the pen and you'll have a great little miracle on your hands.

Mark.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Here's a couple with a pen only.

-Move the pen so it looks like rubber.
-Have the pen adhere to your hand.
-The trick where rotate your hands and the pen moves from palm of hand to top.
-Besides doing pen up nostril do thru neck and out of mouth.
-Say that on 3 you will make a coin appear in your closed fist. Tap your hand twice and on the third tap stick the pen behind you ear. No coin but instead the pen vanishes.
-Some cigarette manipulations work OK.

There are of course several other pen things you can do in combination with other easy to get objects.

My grand kids are 6 and 8 and always ask me to do some magic.
That definitely puts me to the test and I often have to improvise quick with whatever is available at the time.
AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
Thanks Jaz, can you tell me more about the trick where rotate your hands and the pen moves from palm of hand to top? I'm not sure I understand that..

Thanks very much for these ideas!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 20:01, AmazingA wrote:
Thanks Jaz, can you tell me more about the trick where rotate your hands and the pen moves from palm of hand to top? I'm not sure I understand that..

Thanks very much for these ideas!

Your welcome.

It's more of a puzzle challenge but would be fun for kids.
I saw it in 'The Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic' by Gardner.
The hands are held palms down and the pen is held by the thumbs. The hands rotate in a way the the pen moves to the top uf the hands and is still held by the thumbs.
Kinda hard to explain for me.

Suggestion: Be better prepared next time. Smile
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Yet another vote for "Recap"
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
daniel_lachman
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of daniel_lachman
You can never go wrong with "Recap" so definitely learn it!
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1023 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 19:10, AmazingA wrote:
Great! when you say Inhale the pen you're saying simply the classic gag like the cig where it slides into your hand, right?

Yeah, never seen an actual how-to description. I just tried it and few times, very disturbing the pen would often actually go up my nose!
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Use the pen as an impromptu wand and do some striking vanishes. Smile
tony2514
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
162 Posts

Profile of tony2514
Probably best not to stick a pen (actually or magically) in to any orifice in front of a 7 year old as they are apt to copy. Aunt and Uncle would not be happy with you if your antics led to an ER visit for your mini-magi.

Recap - excellent.

Get a book on cigarette magic - many routines apply to pens/pencils.

PK routine using round bodied pen - piont at the pen and it rolls sideways.

Pen stuck to hand - pecil and wristwatch or impromtu version is hilarious for a 7 year old if performed well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What would You do? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL