We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The end of cigarette magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1152 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Of course, if you're Fred Kaps you can do cigarette effects with a burning candle instead ...
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
[quote]On 2007-07-07 20:46, Magicmania wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-04 09:34, mike gallo wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-07-03 00:34, Magicmania wrote:
Hey, I think it's great. If it gets more people to quite smoking, there will be fewer deaths and less pollutioin. Smile

Not really...If I had to quit smoking...I'd go on a killing spree!!!

Mike

Whatever floats your boat! Smile

Being from Pittsburgh, I doubt no cigarette smoking would help with lessoning the pollution there Smile!

Mike
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Haha! Smile
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17273 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2007-07-01 14:53, MagicSanta wrote:
Cigarette smoke stinks and disturbs people, Herbal cigarettes smell worse and bother people more.

That's why I'm sticking with cigars.. Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I worked at a large semiconductor company and our manufacturing building evacuated so we in the smaller admin building went over to help organize (meaning I stand with a sign that has a number on it). They had detected a very strong smell that couldn't be determined thus everyone shuts down and exits. One of the last guys out was a known dip that wandered out with a lit herbal cig he had been smoking, he knew cigarettes were banned but figured chemicals wouldn't ignite with herbal I guess.... If you have not guessed already the cause of the odor was that dang herbal cig, cost the company lots of money and he moved to the head of the 'reduction in force' list.
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
My Girlfriend succumed to lung cancer after smoking a pack a day for years. Can I conclusively say it was because of the cigarettes? No, but there is a proven link between smoking and an increased risk of lung cancer. Ask the Duke.

I miss my Girlfriend. She tried to quit several times, but shaking Nicotine is like shaking Heroin.

Smokers are a dying breed, that's the sad truth.

I still do borrowed bill in cigarette, but I don't light that little coffin nail and I still get a great reaction.

Douglas M.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
A director I worked for, who was a great guy, died of lung cancer and never smoked a thing other than a salmon in his life, never had a drink, and never took a drug. It is a gawd aweful way to go and I'm sorry about your girlfriend Douglas.

If anyone is interested in tips on how to quit please feel free to PM me and I'll tell you how I went from two and a half packs a day to quiting eleven years ago. The best way is to get into a help group to quit, support group or whatever they are called. If you are young and smoke I will say this bluntly, you are an absolute idiot, a moron in the first degree. Years ago, when I started, everyone seemed to smoke. It was done in theaters, malls, stores, everywhere and on every TV show. Today it is advertized as bad for you as it once was advertized to us as being the thing to do. So if you are a smoker you clearly are a fool and the only way to escape being recognized as such is to quit. I don't like telling people what to do but the fact that anyone under the age of say thirty smokes is amazing to me. Then again people smoke crack and shoot smack knowing it is going to get them in a grip....again, I'll be happy to let you know how I quit after 20 years and my wife also quit after 20 years.
Steve Fearson
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Steve Fearson
I quit after around 15 years. It's easy.. just think about cancer all day.

I'll never forget performing at TGIFriday's using puffer/talcum cigs.

I'd produce it from my pocket, take one fake puff and some old lady would start hacking and gagging because of the "smell".

I guess some people react badly to baby powder Smile

Nowadays I can't stand the stench but if I see someone smoking and can't smell it, I don't pretend to. ha
http://DownloadMagic.com
The original pay for download magic site.
Check out our new siteeMagic Supply
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 20:55, Douglas.M wrote:

I miss my Girlfriend. She tried to quit several times, but shaking Nicotine is like shaking Heroin.

Douglas M.

I'm sorry for your terrible loss, Douglas. The sad truth is however, that shaking nicotine is about a zillion times easier than shaking nicotine.
There's one problem though. You have to WANT to quit.
Still, with all the deaths caused by cigarettes the ban is understandable.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24292 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
"Shaking nicotine is about a zillion times easier than shaking nicotine."

May I quote you on that?

In 1980, Terry Seabrooke gave me the US television rights to the cigarette in the jacket. I traded him a different method. I fooled him with his own trick.

I used the trick in comedy clubs, trade shows and other venues for about 25 years. I don't even smoke. I used to, but I quit. One day, at a trade show, I did the routine and the spectator whose jacket I borrowed said, "Thanks a bunch. Great trick. Now my jacket smells like cigarette smoke."

Because of a situation I have, I can't smell cigarette smoke at all. I have to let my wife smell me and my props before I take them out. I can't even smell a skunk. So the cigarette smell had never been a personal issue. But that one incident gave me the start of getting rid of the cigarette in the jacket.

Smoking is no longer acceptable in public. We have to live with that. So why should we behave as if we are still living in the 1980's. We aren't. If people get the subliminal suggestion that they smell cigarette smoke when we bring out a fake cigarette, are we entertaining them? No. We are offending them.

So, find another trick. Don't try to fake it with a fake cigarette. It's not the same. Just find something else to do. There are hundreds of routines you can do that are just as funny, magical and entertaining.

The same goes for cigarette manipulation. Why do it any more? It's declassé.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
[/quote] As for the loophles, it's not really worth it, is it? I mean, in a strolling situation when no one is smoking, it's hardly appropriate to light up a fag just so you can make it disappear again. You'd look like a right arse.
[/quote]

dead right; if one vanishes a lit cig people will complain that you have violated the law (even though you haven't) as well as their airspace (which may well be true). One would look a right 'arse' - simply because it will look anachronistic to display and use a cigarrette in a public place. It will look like one is not not keeping up with the times.
mrsmiles
(UK)
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
So don't light it. Unlit ball manipulation is entertining, unlit cig manipulation can be entertainig as well.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The end of cigarette magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL