The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire- The masquerade: Bloodlines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
OK, at the risk of appearing like a major-league geek, I'm going to post this.
Around 3 years ago a PC game called "Vampire- The masquerade: Bloodlines" was released. It was an role-playing game, but not full of 12-side dice, etc. It worked like a First-person shooter, and was reminiscent of the other PC classic "Dues Ex".
The game was hugely ambitious and bugged to hell! Almost unplayable.
Well, it's since been picked up by Valve (of Half-life and HL2 fame) and there's a fan-made patch which makes it worth playing.
Why do I mention all this?
It's a Bizarist's dream. Think of all the best bits of Anne Rice, Sokolow, Stoker, the Blade trilogy and George RR Martin (BTW anyone else loved 'Fevre Dream' (sic)?? Is it still in print??) - and best of all its interactive.
Check out Valve - you can buy it for only $20.
[
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
This game is actually a sequel to Vampire - Redemption, which despite it's more primitive graphics, also does a good job of describing a rich world of vampire lore for a computer game.

Both games are great (in spite of their bugs) and I second Docsteve's recommendation of these as being of great interest to anyone who likes vampire storylines. Obviously some interest in computer games is necessary as well.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
As a fellow RPG "geek" (heck, I'm the psych consultant to WOTC, Chaosium and various other companies)... yay! This was one of the little known games that had a special "perception" of the scenes if you had certain vampire powers versus not... I and a group of computer game desingers are creating something very bizarre for medical simulations that simulates psychosis Smile

Good heads up, Doc Steve!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I am a huge fan of "Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem" for the GameCube.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Here is something to date people... anyone remember playing those wonderful ancient computer RPG "Temple of Aphsai" "Hellfire Warrior" "Morloc's Tower" "Datestones of Ryn"... etc? I wish someone would re-release those!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I just can't wait to see Call of Cthulhu; Dark Corners of the Earth, beign released for PC ... I am a huge CoC geek as the good Dr Spektor knows.
IÄ IÄ Iä

http://www.callofcthulhu.com/
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
The White Wolf version is good, but I'm a fan of the GURPS version, myself:

WHITE WOLF: http://www.white-wolf.com/vampire.html
GURPS: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/VampireTheMasquerade/
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
Not to mention a "Vampire the Requiem/ Masquerade" L.A.R.P. event is an excellent venue for a certain type of bizarrist magician.
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
piefke666
View Profile
New user
germany
83 Posts

Profile of piefke666
And when you are the gamemaster of a group.. its fun to add some effects during play! It rises the mood enormously! Its more like "Pen, Paper & Magick" then...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vampire- The masquerade: Bloodlines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL