The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Tony Clark's Ultra Rose to Silk Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just picked one up at Denny's because, frankly, the box holding the gimmick seemed to be too small to be holding an arachnid-inspired gimmick, whih I haven't been too keen on getting. I was initially hmmm'ing about the do-it-yourself-ness of forming the rose, and the instruction card was very basic. But I tried to form the rose as directed, and it worked very successfuly on the first try resulting in a very nice rose, at which point I attached it to the gimmick, which is very silk-friendly and does away with any chance of catching the silk on a stray piece of wire. If you have one of these gimmicks, you know it goes best with clothes of a certain property, but really, anyone could modify it very simply to go with any clothes you choose.

Very clever and very usable.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Dr.,

Please don't tip the method, but do you have to gaff the silk in any way?

Thank You,
David W.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
David -
No gaffing of the silk is needed, and the gimmick is made to work with 12" up to 24" silks. Since the gimmick itself won't snag or harm the silk, you can immediately use it for any routine using a regular silk.

Charley
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
928 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I like this gimmick too, but I feel Norm Nielsen gimmick is more easy to load the silk.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
I like the P&L model..Howard
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22131 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I did not see that in the P&L Catalog. How did I miss it. I bought my 1st one from Abbott Magic.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
I got it in Colon years ago..Howard
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

I think the gimmick that Tony Clark sells is very comfortable one. Only you have to roll the silk tight.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
307 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
I don't mean to grave dig, but I just received this a couple days ago and I was wondering if anyone can give me tips on how to roll the silk because the picture instructions that it came with aren't exactly the greatest set of instructions. I can get it to looks like a rose (sort of) but it doesn't look anything like the one in the picture. If anyone can PM me with tips then that would be truly awesome. Thanks in advance.

-Sean
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Sean

If it's any consolation I've rolled hundreds of the roses and never yet had it look like the picture - for a start I need the business end of the silk out further than it is in the pic so I can find it. I've sewn a little button the same color to that corner now and that helps with feeling for it onstage.

Café member Spellbinder from The Magic Nook website, who is a magical genius, suggested once that the rose looks better if you slip in a few real or artificial rose petals when you roll it. I tried this and never looked back - the petals make it look more like a rose and they increase the impact when they fall out of the silk as you perform the effect. I found using petals slightly darker than the silk looks best to my eye.

Professor Spellbinder said:
Quote:
One of my tricks is to tuck in some rose petals (either real or paper) that stick out ever so sleightly from the rolled edges. They give it that uneven look Ron mentions above. When you make the silk appear, the petals flutter to the ground.

Destiny
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
307 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Destiny, thanks for the tip. It's good to know that it hasn't come out to look like the picture for other people who have tried it (kind of like fast food LOL). Also, thanks for the tip about using the real rose petals. I can definitely picture how awesome it'll look while you pull the silk and you see petals flutter to the ground.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Tony Clark's Ultra Rose to Silk Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL