The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Riffle Stacking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Ok, I've never read anything on riffle stacking. As I said in my other thread I just started, my friend and I are attempting to learn to cheat together in some friendly games of Hold Em. As far as us stacking, our idea is simple. Whatever two cards are best out of those shown are taken and placed one on top of the deck, one on bottom of the deck while the cards are gathered for the deal. Assuming my partner is the first person next to me on my deal, I simply riffle four cards onto the first card. I then cut the bottom card to the top and deal. (This is for a five person table.) If he was the second person to be dealt I would riffle four on the first card, cut the second card to the top, and riffle one on top of the second card. I have no idea how the experts stack. I'm sure its much more complicated than this, especially if you're stacking more than just two cards and for more than just one person.

Anyway, my question is about trying to stack the flop. I don't care what the cards are, just that I know them. So I'm trying to remember whatever three cards I place on top and then stack them for the flop. This means the cards have to be under 11 cards. (10 for the five players and a card to burn before the flop.) I'm having a lot of trouble getting 11 cards on top of the flop without losing the three cards. I have to keep a block of 11 cards from being mixed up, that's a large amount of cards. And what if there were more players? I would think this would be noticed by anyone paying carefull attention. The only thing I can think of is to add about half with shuffles and then, as the stock is getting larger, add the rest of the cards with cuts.

I'd like to know if this problem is mostly because of how I'm stacking or if it's just a problem that comes with riffle stacking in general. Are there any sources to read that either describe better riffle stacking procedures or deal with this problem? Thanks.

James
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Long Island,

New York
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
Cause I'm in a good mood today, here is a super simple stack for hold'em you can do in 3 shuffles. when we play hold'em we only use 1 burn card before the flop so that's how I will explain this if you use more do the math. With this stack you stack your 2 whole cards and the flop. On top you have 5 cards, top 2 are your whole cards below them are the cards you want to show up in the flop. split the deck top portion to the right. shuffle holding 2 back on each side, drop the 2 on the left then the 2 on the right. next stack for how ever many players and who you want to get the whole cards. with this you can figure out many different stacks. simple. now work on your riffling!
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Riffle Stacking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL