We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Ice Blue deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I must be lucky as both the Walmart and Target in my area carry Bycicles in all kinds of colors from the ice blue, pink, black and silver , and even clear,etc. for under $3.00 a pack. I had no idea people buy and sell such common items at jacked up prices on e-bay.

I am a card addict and pick up decks all the time as I can afford to collect (within reason ) items this inexpensive. I also pick up odd decks at thrift stores and such. Most ( nearly all )sit unopened in a box in the spare room.
I have to get an e-bay account.Or am I completly off base here
and the decks discussed here are actually gimmicked in some way. If not, why would someone post a demo on a dealer website?
Ignorant in PA,
Jim
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Jim the deck is made by Magic Makers and I don't think it's being distributed thru normal retail outlets. It does indeed contain 2 gaffs.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I viewed the link for the demo above and I haven't seen these yet. The blue deck I have is a powder or baby blue. Still ignorant in PA., Jim

Seraph,
Thanks for the info. I guess this makes sense as this thread is in the gimmicked card section Smile Jim
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
justini
View Profile
New user
Salisbury, MD
54 Posts

Profile of justini
The Blue Ice, Yellow, Black and Red decks made by Magic Makers are normal decks that each contain 4 gaffed cards in addition to the 52 normal cards. The gaffs can be used for other tricks or simply left out of the deck. If left out, the deck is completely normal, aside from the color. The Yellow, Black and Red decks also come with an instruction sheet with tricks using the included gaffed cards. To my knowledge these are only available to magic shops (online or bricks and mortar) and are not being mass distributed by any major retailer. So when you buy one of these decks you will pay more than a standard pack of bikes, but there is some "value added" in the included 4 gaff cards and odd color to the deck.
Eye catching to say the least.

:clownonball:
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
These decks are, in my opinion, good for only one thing: collecting. My problem with these colored Magic Maker decks (besides the strain on my eyes to see the pips) is that they are distracting. When a spectator watches a card trick with reg. blue/red backed bikes, they don't focus on how white the cards are. They focus on the magic. With the Magic Makers colored decks, theres too much question and disraction with the cards before the trick even starts. I want my spectators to think/know that I'm doing the magic, not my cards. Plus these blue ones are ugly... they look good a first until you try to focus on a red pip over a blue card, it's hard on the eyes. Same goes with green ones, and the yellow one are just hideous.

Plus all the Magic Makers decks are white bordered on the back but solid color on the faces which makes back to back doubles and hiding reversed cards difficult. Too many obstacles for just a regular deck of cards.

The only plus: gaff cards and some shops offer brief manuscripts (provided by Magic Makers) which explain the gaffs included.
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I have the MM Yellow/Red and Black Decks in My Collection. Played with the "Ice Blues" a bit at the SAM convention. Nice cards. Mainly in my mind for having as a cool thing in your colection or Just a little shock when you perform a color change with a single card from an odd deck such as the "Ice Blues" (erdnase transformation etc.)
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1632 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I got the deck yesterday night, the blue is a little lighter than the regular blue deck color, very nice court cards. I don't feel the diference against a regular deck, but I am not very experience with cards either. All along it's very nice.
On the MM demo says that we could have access to certain dowloads, but there is no instructions on the deck or on the box on how to access them. Any help?

Pablo
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I usually buy a deck or 2 to make gaffs with, like red/special color double backs
vanishingrabbit
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of vanishingrabbit
You can get them thru Brent at the Vanishing Rabbit in Calgary...Oh wait that's me
Magically yours,
Brent Smith - Owner
The Vanishing Rabbit Magic Shop
Alberta's Brick and Mortar
www.VanishingRabbit.com
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
Yes, they have arrived and I am disappointed. While the yellow deck also disappointed me, the ice blue deck really let me down. I wrote magic maker's and they haven't replied. I wish they would use a better stock if possible also(i.e. ellusionist stock/coating)
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
How can you be let down!!!

the deck is Ice Blue!!

Isn't that the greatest color in the entire world -

Usually magicians use these decks so that the audience has no idea what kind of cards you are using. The thrill of the participants totally dismissing your act because they do not recognize the vibrant magical colors of the deck. The Yawns you will get are worth the price of the cards ten fold!!

As you may be able to tell. I am not a big fan of consumer gimmicks - like colors. As a collectible - have a ball - but for magic - the value of these decks may be negative in your act.
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES:
Padawan Geek
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Padawan Geek
Quote:
On 2007-07-18 11:16, manal wrote:
I must be lucky as both the Walmart and Target in my area carry Bycicles in all kinds of colors from the ice blue, pink, black and silver , and even clear,etc. for under $3.00 a pack. I had no idea people buy and sell such common items at jacked up prices on e-bay.

Yeah, we have those at our target too. We have the silver, the Grey, the purple, and the clear as well as the red and blue. I picked up a grey and a silver and they're pretty cool. I'm gonna go again and but a couple of the clear packs and some more non-blue-or-red packs.
Bijlogg
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Bijlogg
Personally I think these card look awful, and I would much rather use some standard rider backs.

But, maybe, that's just me...

Tom
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I have a couple packs of the MM Blacks and plan to get the other colors. I do like the artwork, but I haven't done much with 'em. So, they live in the box of "gotta have 'ems" with my Ghosts, Vipers, 1800's etc., etc. I was in Walmart the other day to get some of the new Pro's and picked up a pack of pink Bikes, and ya shoulda seen the look on the cashier's face when I (in a cowboy hat) bought 'em, gave a little wink, and announced that the boys in the bunk house were gonna just love 'em! LOL
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
I have to admit that I suffer from a strange case of "must have every single cool colored Bicycle deck ever to exist on the face of this planet". I have the other three MM decks, and they are alright. If I wasn't so interested in cards, I would be disappointed. But I am, so they are awesome.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Ice Blue deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL