The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Which coin box do I have? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Ok I bought a coin box back 10 years ago when I was quite young at a local magic shop. It came with instructions which I have since lost and though I have figured out a few simple things to do with it I am sure there must be more.

The box consists of
-2 identical brass pieces with hollowed insides that can each fit about 5 quarters.
-2 fake stacks of quarters that slide into the brass pieces. When inserted the bottom of the stack is the same color as the brass so it looks like the box is empty.
-A metal ring that fits around the bottom of the brass pieces

I would really appreciate a name if any of you know it and if you could provide any sources with routines for this type of box.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Sounds like a nickels to dimes box, but probably quarters to nickles.

You put the cap over the fake quarters, when you lift the cap, they are nickels (real ones) and the cap is shown empty.
Click to visit:
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
From your description, it seems like Dynamic Coins. The basic routine is a stack of coins that travel from a box to the other box.
Bernard Sim
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
In Holland this is called Dynamic Coins.
There is indeed an instruction included when you buy it. I've never seen published routines other than the one provided. With a little creativity you should be able to construct your own...
What can you do with 2 locking stacks of quarters and 2 brass cylinders...add some Pennies or dimes...transpositions...

Here in Holland this is a trick that's widely known among laypeople, just like the TT and Silk, the Svengali or stripper principles and the little money drawerbox.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Thanks guys, sounds like it is the dynamic coins thingy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Which coin box do I have? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL