The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How do you clean the folding coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Ok, so summer is here, and you know what that means! That’s right, spring cleaning. Yea, I know that does not make sense, but hey. Well, long story short and I am cleaning and organizing my magic kit. (it’s more of a HUGE tool box I got from Wal-Mart) But regardless….

So, I am going to have some random questions from time to time – because I am coming across some stuff and effects…that I don’t remember….

So – that aside – random question....

I have 2 “bitten quarters” (coin in a bottle/folding coin) whatever you want to call them – and in the “crevasse” there is rubber band residue. Any ideas on how to clean it out?
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
Toothpick
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...or an old toothbrush. Smile

Mark.
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
I use a pin or a safty pin with goo-gone on the edge.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Any of the suggestions above should work well, depending on how bad it is. Just be careful not to flare the rim edge with these tools.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Sometimes a toothpick may not be strong enough. I would try that first. If it seems like the band just doesn't want to come out, then I'd go the sewing needle route. You can always use a razor blade as well.
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
From personal experience, razor blades are not the way to go. I slipped once and almost took off a finger(luckily I got away with 20 stitches). The pin or needle is good, but either soak the pin/needle or the coin in goo gone. This will loosen the rubber band and other gunk you might not known was there.

jbk
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
And the rubber bands...are just the same kind you get for braces, right?
Rob Mencarini
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Rob Mencarini
Clean the old tape away with nail polish remover. To clean the old dried up rubber band from the groove, use a feeler gauge that is just a tad thinner than the width of the groove. You can pick up a cheap set at your local automotive parts store. It will be plenty rigid and easily remove everything from the groove.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » How do you clean the folding coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL