The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mr. Mutobe's Material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Anyone know where to get books or other things regarding Mr. Mutobe's work?

I heard "5x5 New Japan Magic" is good. What is in it? (If anyone has it.)

Tony
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Y. Mutobe
View Profile
New user
Japan
5 Posts

Profile of Y. Mutobe
Dear LiquidSn-san

Thank you for your question about me.

Previously I wrote "3 Coins Assembly routine" in a Japanese booklet 19 years ago. You can see this routine on Magic of Japan video of Stevens Magic Emporium. I wrote my lecture notes 14 years ago. These are in all Japanese, of course. You will find the "Quadruplicate Spellbound" routine in the book of "New Magic of Japan" written by Richard Kaufman. And I wrote about "simply Mutobe palm" & "Triple knockout spellbound" in New York Magic Symposium collection V (Yellow one). This book is given an explanation in Japanese and English, as you know. I think that's all!

Now, I've written my Cylinder & Coins version in Encyclopedia of Classic Magic book. It will be put on the market in a few days. Since this book will be released in Japan, it is altogether explained in Japanese. I'm very sorry!

Recently, I think I would like to publish a hard cover book of my coin works with collaboration by Richard Kaufman or somebody else. But I don't have a connection to Kaufman or anybody. There is the possibility that I want to publish my coin book in English (not Japanese). And I want to make a DVD of my fingertip coin magic, too. If I publish my coin book in English first, I will make a DVD without explanation, like Michael Gallo's "Siamese Coins". Meir Yedid made this routine of Mike's a single set; no explanation video, & an explanation booklet.

I'm very sorry about my poor English.

Best Regards
Y. Mutobe
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Mr. Mutobe's Triple spellbound can be found in the 5th collection. I think Magic Books by Post has them. Hope this helps.

Is there a lot of Kanji in your Japanese books? If not, I could read them.

Lee
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
There's the typical amount of Kanji you'd find in written Japanese, at least in the notes I've seen, which makes it slow for me to translate.

For those of you who'd like to see Mutobe-san in the flesh, remember he will be at the Coinvention in September!!!
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Does anyone have "New Magic of Japan"?

What is the content in it? Is it all close up?

If anyone can post the table of contents, that would be wonderful!

I am very interested in buying this book.

Tony
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4156 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Mutobe San, I am very interested in seeing the eventual release of all of your fingertip techniques, and look forward to meeting you in Las Vegas next September! - Michael Rubinstein
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!
https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

Send inquiries to rubinsteindvm@aol.com

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Mutobe San, So I am also look forward To seeing agen At the Coin Con! In Las Vegas Next
September Smile.

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
shanla
View Profile
Loyal user
Japan, Tokyo
285 Posts

Profile of shanla
Tony,
I will show you the table of contents of that book below.

1. Metamorphrose by Kazuyuki Hase (Rose to silk)
2. Cane From Fireball by Asako Suda (Production of a cane)
3. Crafty Wand Vanish by Kouichi Kawata (a new Wand Vanish)
4. Climax Flower by Tetsuo Tanigawa (Production of flower)
5. Ogi Fan by Naoki Ogi (Card Manipulation)
6. Triple Production Box by Jonny Hirose (Flower Production with a box)
7. Dedicated to Mr. Astaire by Hironori Morita (a move with a cane)
8. Card Ping Chien by Shigeo Takagi (Card Sleight)
9. Quadruplicate Spellbound by Yoshihiko Mutobe (Spellbound)
10. Joint Account by Kazuto Nishino (Card, Prediction)
11. Triangle, Circle, Square by Shinichi Arai (packet trick)
12. Non-Prediction by Keikan Miyanaka (Card, Vanish of half of the deck)
13. Miser's Miracle Again by Masashi Neo (Variation of Jerry Andrus'Miser's Miracle)
14. Fire Response by Toshiyuki Serizawa (Card trick with fire)
15. Cell Division by Kazuyoshi Hirachi (multiplying sponge ball)
16. Double Shock by Yuichi Katakura (double changes of multiple cards)
17. Grass Road by Tomohiro Maeda (Grass Production with Handkerchief)
18. Chronometer Card by Takanobu Ishida (Mathematical card trick)
19. Linking Cardboard by Toru Suzuki (Linking Ring type trick with cards with holes)
20. Dice Assembly by Toyohisa Saikawa (Assembly using dices)
21. Card-Quake by Kunuyasu Fujiwara (Bizarre rising card)
22. Counterfeit by Kenichi Kuroki (Prediction using a banknote)
23. M.A.'s Coins Across by Masao Atsukawa (Coins Across with new sleight)
24. Spoony Ring by Hiroyuki Sakai (A spoon and a fingering)

Roughly, the effects from 1 to 7 are for stage and parlor, others are for close up.
Personally I like No.9, 12, 13, 16 and 18.
Enjoy!

And, I am very looking forward to read Mr. Mutobe's Cylinder and Coins routine.

T.Takenaka
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mr. Mutobe's Material (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL