The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Favorite lecture? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
What was your favorite lecture? Why? Mine was mike skutt's due to the reason that even while he was explaining the workings, he still had you laughing....He is one of the funniest performer's out there.
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
Without a doubt, The Flicking Fingers.
It was fast-paced, funny, featured some great magic, and could serve ANYone on how to lecture.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Rocco, saw him several times and it was always entertaining and to the point.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
235 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
I'd have to say Lee Asher; really great guy, a lot of fun

(The only lecture I've been to Smile )
Been a busker since I was 14 from San Diego; Don Driver was my mentor along with many others like Jimmy Talksalot, Sleeveless (Stephen Sloan), Bob Elliott.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
It's definitely between Eugene Burger and Simon Lovell for me.

Eugene - So informative, and such a nice guy.

Simon - Funniest guy you'll ever meet, and his Second Deals are a privilege to watch.

-Vinnie
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Quote:
On 2007-07-07 09:17, cgiking wrote:
Rocco, saw him several times and it was always entertaining and to the point.

Very entertaining.
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Toss up between Tom Mullica and Michael Close.
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Vinnie - I've seen Simon and Eugene, great lectures.

My favorite was probably Stephan Bargatze - very heartfelt, a great lecture.
Mike
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Of the lectures I've seen, I'd have to say Juan Tamariz was the best. In his lecture, he only performed two tricks, focusing primarily on theory. Which he expounded on for the better part of 45 minutes. He then explained the trick, and how each part of what he was talking about related to each phase of the trick, and even portions most wouldn't consider phases. Something that could've easily been explained in a few minutes took around 20. It was truly an eye-opening experience.

(Also, it's Juan Tamariz, how couldn't it be good? Smile)
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There are just far too many great lecturers out there to pull out one, Burger, Daryl, Bob White, George Schindler, The whole set of NY coin guys, David Goodsell, Harry Lorayne, Johnny Thompson,Max Mavin, just too many I could list all day. We are very fortunate to have a lot of top teaching magicians out there now.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Tim Ellis and Sue Anne Webster....
The only lecture I have seen that the performer put effort into making it almost a show. That's how entertaining it was.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
My favorite was Helder Guimaraes' lecture at Hank Lee's Cape Cod Conclave. I've thought about that lecture almost everyday since. He is such a briliant and talented performer. My second favorite was Bob Cassidy, he has so much knowledge in the art of mentalism and he truly has a love and respect for what he does.
-Pauly
Astonishment as Therapy...?
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
I loved Mark Mason and Daryl.

Michael
lucas
View Profile
New user
Victoria, Canada
30 Posts

Profile of lucas
Without a doubt - David Williamson, I have never laughed so hard in my life. He spent an hour explaining the first trick because he kept going off on hilarious rants! Yet through all the jokes and stories there was some excellent magic taught!
Lucas Kavanagh
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
My favorite lecture has been Bob White's. It changed the way I do magic and I made a lot of good friends there.

Other notable lectures I have seen have been Barrie Richardson's and Gary Plants. Barrie's was the first lecture I ever saw and had not been doing magic very long. He fooled me over and over and over. Gary's lecture had some of the most practical, commercial magic I have ever seen. Gary always has good ideas and anytime he is talking...I listen closely.

The last lecture I attended was Mark Masons. It was last week at the S.A.M and was very entertaining and had solid, practical advice. I would recommend it to anyone.

Jordan
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I have seen SO many lectures, but I would say my absolute three favourites were:

Shoot Ogawa
Hayashi
Daryl

The list may soon change when I see Jay Sankey's lecture in September.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
keeper
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee, FL
57 Posts

Profile of keeper
Jeff McBride for the creative energy and interaction.

Gene Anderson for having the proper props to make sure everyone understood each step of the process for each effect.
Make every day a magicial adventure

Al
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Rannie Raymundo - Hand size does not matter

He holds nothing back and shows you tons of effects! Not like those dealer show style lecture keep on demonstrate products and beg people to buy!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thank you Steven.... I had so much fun lecturing for you guys! Thanks for bringing my magic to Hong Kong. It was also by far my best.

As for the lectures I enjoyed....

Tim Ellis' -for the details, the joy of lecturing as well as his heart and passion for magic

Tommy Wonder -for his genius, his techniques and his thoughts on magic. Truly a magical mind

Simon Lovell -he does great magic and his techniques are great, but his generosity and his use of emotion in making the magic happen out weighs them.

Michael Vincent - His lecture was just a joy to watch. He is a true gentleman of magic and he knows why magic works. He breaks down the Tapestry of magic!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
houston_3721
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of houston_3721
Quote:
On 2007-11-08 22:39, Steven Leung wrote:
Rannie Raymundo - Hand size does not matter

He holds nothing back and shows you tons of effects! Not like those dealer show style lecture keep on demonstrate products and beg people to buy!

Another vote for the BOSS lecture in HK! I am glad that I didn't miss it.

It is my first and only lecture attended but I can tell you how great it is. He got so much to teach and we keep on jamming until 3 or 4am. We'll never forget his record-breaking coins production and his friendly and charming character on that night. That's THE magical night.

Rannie, I didn't go to the AMA convention but I really hope to meet you and enjoy your miracles again one day. Btw, I've performed the Birthday Trick a few times my friends' birthdays. I love it and they love it. Thanks a lot.

Houston
please pardon my English
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Favorite lecture? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL