We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PC Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shaky
View Profile
New user
Dorset, U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of shaky
Hi there,
I am trying to find any menatlism type effects that I can work into a powerpoint presentation, so it must therefore not involve any props only the pc. any ideas?!?!?!

cheers

paul
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I've seen a program for the Princess Card trick, but it's done the e mail rounds and rather spoiled the effect, I think.
Whilst not mentalism, there's a superb 'Google' effect out there, but I'm not saying any more!
Steve
[
rick727
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX, USA
188 Posts

Profile of rick727
I think "The Knights Tour" is PC based. I do not have it, nor have I seen it, but I have heard about it.
Practice what you present.

Present what you practice.
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Quote:
On 2007-07-07 15:16, rick727 wrote:
I think "The Knights Tour" is PC based. I do not have it, nor have I seen it, but I have heard about it.

That´s right. "The 21st Century Knight´s Tour" by Lior Manor, written by Ken Weber is a flash film, you can present the chess board a large audience with just a notebook, a beamer and this flash-file. But of cause you have still to learn the trick, it´s "just" a tool that helps you. The technique itself is not the trick.
But it´s very nice to pack small and play big.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1940 Posts

Profile of Lior
Hi
thanks for the nice words about the Knight's Tour

I have some more magic that is done on a flash program (the PC reads your mind)
I will publish it in the future

I just released the Big Trivia Game
This is Not Magic or Mentalisem
It is a special tool and a game to add to any corporate magician/mentalist
I will write more about it later
It was sold on the last PEA meeting of the minds in San Jose
I will sell it also out of the PEA very soon

Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
I would go for the Princess Card Trick. Its true that it kinda made the rounds on PC but very few muggles can actually figure it out, so its still powerful, even for those who have seen it. It would be easy to do with Power point, a digital cam and a deck of cards. You could get more juice ot of it by doing it towards the end, and telling them that you have been subliminally influencing them all along to choose the card you want them to choose, a la Derren Brown.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
One problem with the Princess Card trick for a GROUP - as it sounds like you'll do that PPOint... 10 seconds after the effect - people will compare and find out the cards that vanished was not the same card... BUSTED... good for a 1:1

Of course, if you are doing a webinar type thing where everyone is on their own computer and can't talk to each other - then it'll work!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
piefke666
View Profile
New user
germany
83 Posts

Profile of piefke666
A video prediciton of something...
luke jermays inkblot-test: ok, you need pre-show work! but during your presentation you only need a video...
McCoy
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
136 Posts

Profile of McCoy
I've seen the Princess Card trick done in a powerpoint pres, in front of a very large audience. Worked really well.

Speaker gave a 'Derren Brown' preamble, about his previous slides suggesting a specific playing card. Flashed up the 'choice 5' for a couple of seconds. Patter... then the 'final four' flashed up. "Hands up everyone who's card I successfully predicted and removed.." All hands up.. much laughter.
Then the speaker revealed the workings of the trick. MUCH more laughter!! Worked into some chat about observation and perception.
shaky
View Profile
New user
Dorset, U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of shaky
Many thanks for the replies, might have to save up for the Knights Tale though!!! Is the Luke Jermay Test in his book?

Cheers

Paul
shaky
View Profile
New user
Dorset, U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of shaky
Sorry, Knights Tour!!!!
piefke666
View Profile
New user
germany
83 Posts

Profile of piefke666
Quote:
Is the Luke Jermay Test in his book?

YesNo! It was a limited release... it was called "Inkblot Manuscript"!
Here is the Presentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siG7zhpTF2E

BTW: Which song is the intro song???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PC Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL