The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » WGMBWGM-Finger Ring Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Its been a while since ive got a dvd where almost all routines are impromptu(11/15 are impromptu for those who want to know), and almost everything can be used in almost any settin(except for one that is).

Ring, Rope, Wand by Daryl- this was a nice routine to start the dvd with, daryl being one of my favorite magicians of all time. this is an impromptu traveling/penetration effect, daryl gives you a lot of ideas of what to use besides a wand or a velvet cord so chances are ill be using it. 10/10

Stirring Silver by Jay Sankey- this is by far the most visual and clean ring on spoon ever created! I already knew the first part of the routine, but when I saw the second phase for the first time I was absolutely killed. this and the ring thing are worth the price of the DVD! 10/10

Nest Egg by Jay Sankey- I personally like this routine, but there is a one time preperation to accomplish the effect. Sankey says he typically routines this after stirring silver(as he does in the performance) and if you look at the spectator's face you can tell it really is a killer!9.5/10

The Ring and String Routine by Mark Leverage- this routine completely fried me when I first watched it, its just so incredibly visual and clean! another cool touch is that the routine can be stopped at the first or the fourth(i think its four phases?) phase. there is one move where the spectator literally completely has the rope and they remove their ring, talk about awsome! 10/10

Off/ Ring-n-Pencil/ Ring Gag/ Coin Thru Ring by Al Schneider- off is a three phase ring and rope routine that just doesn't have the greatness that some other like routines have, the ring-n-pencil is gold on the other hand! if you watch the performance you probly will miss the move completely, I can recommend it to anyone! the ring gag is just a quick fun idea that al really souped up with his great patter idea of the spectator remembering what the ring looked like and describing it, giving it time misdirection for the reappearance. 9/10

Coin Thru Ring by David Roth- I really doubt mr.roth needs any intro, but what he presents is three classic variations of the coin thru ring. I'm sure most of you have seen this before since it is the calssic handlings, so ill leave it at this.10/10

Ring-O-Matic by Alexander De Cova- this one really didn't catch my eye as much as the others, its not impromptu and its not mainly for close up. come to think of it you can't even borrow the ring to use(im sure you can guess why) or the glass you have to use, in my oppinion just filler. 5/10

The Ring, the String, and the Safty Pin by Michael Ammar- this is another classic piece of magic that still can hit hard. like I said in the roth effect, you probly have seen this routine, so ill just leave my rating. 9.5/10(only because saftey pins aren't alway available)

Wand-A-Ring by Flip- this is a really creative and fun routine, you don't really need a full blown "wand" and its impromptu. I really liked this routine and there is many original moves by flip, so for sure you should look into this. 10/10

Ring and String & Ring Flight by Dan Fleshman- to start off the ring and string portion is impromptu, but the ring flight of course is not. Dan has a really awsome presentation for this where the spectators ring vanishes completely and is replaced by your own. Dan then moves on to his ring on string routine which has some nice clean moments, but there isn't any new moves to my knowledge. this is a routine that is actually making me think about getting a ring flight, so if you get the dvd check it out. 10/10

Garrett Thomas' Ring Thing by Greg Wilson- this is hands down one of the best routines in the collection! I wouldn't do the routine greg does to the letter because it just doesn't beat the Ring Thing routine taught on Garret's dvd on the trick. if you need a reason to buy this dvd this is it, make sure you get the dvd of the ring thing too! 10/10

Ring on Rope by Jon Tremaine- this is an old video of mr. tremaine performing and explaining his ring on rope routine(duh...). I really liked some of the ideas that are taught, most are new and looks perfect. this is everything ring on rope should be, great routine! 10/10

OVERALL: 9/10

check this out for sure, it most likely will get you thinking and you will probly use a lot of the material!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Just for those interested, here is my review for the ring thing:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » WGMBWGM-Finger Ring Magic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL