We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Number prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

charris
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of charris
I am hoping that someone here will be able to help me. I've been doing close up magic with cards and coins for a long time now and am interested in adding some mentalism to my routines. I can do a little with cards but not much.

I am interested in having a random spectator simply call out a number. However, before the effect begins, I wanted have another random spectator holding a sealed envelope with the prediction inside. I don't mind having to remove the prediction myself, but I would like to have the envelope be examinable if possible. Does anyone konw of an effect like this and where I could purchase it?

Thanks,
Craig
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
Docc Hilford's number prediction in The Sign of Four? It's not as clean as having someone call out a number and you divine it, but someone does call out a number and you have other people involved to make that number even more random. I've used it, it's cool.

Anabelle
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3453 Posts

Profile of Looch
Buy yourself a copy of 13 steps to mentalism and study it. Inside you will find the techniques that will enable you to put that very routine together.

all the best
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
I would also offer Anneman's Practical Mental effects.

-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Both Mind, Myth, & Magick (TA Waters) and (I am pretty sure) Psychological Subtleties (Banachek) have takes on this that use an old joke/ploy. Having said that, 13 Steps and PME are what you should really be looking at if you are really "interested in adding some mentalism" to your act.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
linceed87
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of linceed87
Go for 13 steps its the best book on mmagic I have ever read
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Take Looch's advice - the explanation is in 13 steps...
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
mentalv
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of mentalv
Hey charris,

you should study billets,(billet knife) which is in 13 steps.
popobawa
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of popobawa
Hello my friends! Thirteen Steps is the book you need to look at for this effect, there are many ways of doing something which is like this in those lovely pages! This is my routine for asking a question here on the Café:
STEP ONE: THINK OF QUESTION
STEP TWO: CHECK IN THIRTEEN STEPS
STEP THREE: ASK THE PEOPLEIN THE Café
This is why I hardly never ask questions on here because in one way or another the answer is so often in that book! I see it now, looking at me from across the room! THE EYES!!!
MR POPOBAWA
piefke666
View Profile
New user
germany
83 Posts

Profile of piefke666
I think "Marc Oberons 37" will fit you!
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......0d2699aa
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Are you familiar with Marc Oberon's 37? I don't know anything about it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Number prediction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL