The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Help... Dave Williamson Sleight of Dave 1 and 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
I recently went to his lecture and found it to be outstanding, I was wondering if anyone could give some opinion on the material on Sleight of Dave 1 and 2. Also, where would one find the videos if he wanted to purchase them?

Thanks
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1143 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
The material on the Sleight of Dave videos are right out of his book Williamson's Wonders. What makes the tapes really worthwhile is seeing Dave's presentations of the tricks. To the best of my knowledge, the only material on the tapes that are not in his book is his work with Rocky Raccoon.

If you saw David's wild antics at Magi-Fest this weekend, that is what you can expect to find throughout his tapes.

These videos have been long out of print. Your only hope is to look on e-bay or contact some magic stores that have an old stock they may not have sold out of yet.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Dave's first tape is GREAT! Like Michael said, the performance is well worth the cost. Just to watch his care free subtle performance is inspiring. It reminds us to not "do a move," rather to simply be NATURAL. The material is great and I might warn you to learn from him rather than mimic him. It is almost too easy to want to fall into his style. Hope this helps.
Chance Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I want these tapes too. I watch them just to see Dave perform. I could care less about learning the material, I just love that Dave!

Nathan Pain
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Actually there're quite a few items on the tape that aren't in his book. His Ring and Rope routine, his salt pour, his in the hands chink-a-chink and an awesome spoon bending routine.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I have both and they are both great tapes to watch. His spoon bend is worth the price of the tape. Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16968 Posts

Profile of joseph
I have both tapes, and I have to say, after watching many, many tapes, the performers are way too serious with the explanations. This guy is a welcome relief, and I am laughing every time I watch either video. The material is superb, and they should still be available at:

http://www.a1magicalmedia.com/
Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I just wanted to add that Dave's Hand Chink-a-Chink is worth the tape alone if you manage to practice it until it is smooth. It is one of the more truly magical effects to learn.
Chance

marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
The guy's a hoot.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I agree, David is a HOOT! He made me rethink my entire approach to close-up work. Not that I chose to ape his style, rather, I just eased up a bit and slowed down.
Chance Smile

korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1780 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Get his Ron MacMillan lecture videos (David Williamson lecture and another half hour with D.W.). They have tons of stuff and I think all the effects from Sleight of Dave Vols. 1 and 2 are on them, but I am not 100% sure.
steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
Thanks everyone, that helps a lot.
Christian
View Profile
New user
Continental Europe
55 Posts

Profile of Christian
There are actually THREE MacMillan tapes. The "fabulous lecture" is about two hours long. The other two are about 30 min.
john blaze
View Profile
New user
PA
82 Posts

Profile of john blaze
Is there a website for MacMillan?

Hi Tim,
Nice to see you. I'm interested in anything Williamson has for sale. All I have is his (great) book. Can you put me in touch with him, or do you know where I can get notes, videos, etc?
Thanks buddy,
magicjohn1@yahoo.com
John
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Hi John.

I'd recommend his tapes from International Magic (see http://www.internationalmagic.com/catindex.html). I love the tapes from these guys... coincidentally right now I am watching the new Ramsay videos by Andrew Galloway - superb. I just received these today and they are great. As mentioned above, David's other videos are hard to find but if you look at various dealers, etc. you typically can find a copy. David moved about a year or so ago and I am not sure where he is now. I do know David pretty well though from the past and I know crediting and integrity are VERY important to him - despite the crazy side we see he has a very serious side and takes his magic very seriously. This is obvious to those who study his stuff and see the brilliant thinking behind it. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Thanks, John.

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Help... Dave Williamson Sleight of Dave 1 and 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.66 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL