The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Routine or ideas for flash parchment? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
Quote:
On 2007-07-11 16:57, TEB3 wrote:
Sabrina,

The effect was called Daemon's Dirt. The basic was just the snake eggs and a sandpile, but the acid to make them go off was something else. It was one of those Tony/Maskelyn things that could have been great but just never seemed to work. That is unless you count the time Tony's luggage started smoking at an airport (def.pre 9-11) or another near miss when the dirt just started smoking and I mean smoking. The fire alarms went off and the hotel had a real problem with the odor in the ballroom for several days. For some reason we were never invited back to that Howard Johnson's in Boston! (However Kardor was successful in doing the "bullet catch".)

I may be wrong but I'm don't think anyone every witnessed Daemon's Dirt actually work as planned. Brother Shadow or Jim Magus are the only others that might have actually seen it that I can think of from that era. And it wasn't because Tony didn't try, and try and try.....

Lary/TEB3/Traveler

A couple of things. As the father of Demon Dirt ( I showed the effect to Tony at an MOTM in Palo Alto in 1980 or 81) the way I always set it off was by using Pro-Glo which a heavy duty flash paper similar, it seems to the aforementioned parchment. Tony, and others, always tried to jazz it up with some sort of remote or self ignition. Low tech trumps, in my opinion.

About the smoking suitcase... the next year Tony was at the airport to go to another MOTM. The woman behind the booking desk asked, "Are we going to be smoking, this trip"?

"Fudge (or it's equivalent)", mused Tony, "They never forget!" Then he realized that she was only asking where he wanted to sit.

Robin
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
387 Posts

Profile of TEB3
Robin,

You mean after all these years, you were the one that inspired Tony to chase the windmill? Darn, and I thought you had revealed all of the stuff under the turban!

Best...and Shelly is still looking for the right image in crystal sphere.

Lary
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
Traveler, are you in Europe or the USA? It can easily be shipped via USPS within the USA with proper packaging and labeling.

TEB3: Okay, so it wasn't fear from the Daemon's Dirt that had people running for the exits. Smile I know a magician who is trying to get one to work. He told someone he'd show it. He took some flash parchment to see if the additional energy might set them off, but he never mentioned using acid to make them go off...?
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Sabrina,
I'm in Europe. I still think it's possible, though, but I'm not aware of the regulations in the US.
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
Okay, maybe a carrier other than our USPS. USPS strickly refuses to carry out of the country.
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
How is this?

A 6" by 6" phlogisticated parchment (flash) pact with 6 demon's signatures (including the devil) scribed backwards in Latin.

It exchanges his soul for love from women, flower of virgins, the respect of monarchs, honors, lusts and powers for 20 years. There is also something about an annual seal of blood, whoring for 3 days, trampling of religious symbols and getting to ask the demons plenty of questions.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z167/......mall.jpg

This is an authentic reproduction of an actual devil's pact in blood that got a man burned at the stake on August 18, 1634. It has been 4,612 lunar cycles since his tortured death.

Click here to view attached image.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Looks very satanic sabrina, nice, I'm sure theres a hundred routines that could find use for a property like that, thanks for sharing... edit. I notice you sell the parchment, I will be in contact thanks...
:firedevil:
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
That's beautiful, Sabrina! I love the term "phlogisaticated," too. You must squeeze in a lot of phlogiston (or caloric)into that parchment. I applaud your inventiveness!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
udlose
View Profile
New user
Chicago
33 Posts

Profile of udlose
I have been reading your the progression of ideas on this post and have really been getting inspired. This is why I love this site.

Here was an effect I was thinking of that stemmed from your idea, Sabrina.

(When you tell this story, everyone comes forward a little and the lights are turned out. A single candle is then lit for light.)

You tell the story of a man who lost everything. At rock bottom he finally curses the heavens and yells at the top of his lungs "Is there no mercy in this world?"

That's when the Devil shows up with his proposistion. The man listens to the terms of the agreement; which quite frankly, seem too good to be true - Everything the man has lost will be returned and then some. In exchange the Devil shall, upon death, take possesion of the man's soul for a period of no more than 500 years. Tempted officially, the man asks, "and what if I change my mind?"

The Devil produces a simple box of matches and opens it. He gestures for the man to take a single match and mark his initials on it. (you do the same to a member of the audience.)
"Sign this agreement. You shall have until midnight tonight to exprience that which I have to offer. If you are unsatisfied, return here and with the match you have selected, burn our contract. If, however, this contract is burned with anything other than your match, I shall own your soul forever."

To make a long story short, the man signs the contract. He is immediatly enchanted with everything the devil throws at him that he leaves the match on the table. Noticing this, the Devil picks up the match and returns it to the box and then proceeds to shake the box until the man's match is lost amongst the others. (hand the box to a second spectator and instruct them to do the same with the signed match.)

It is late in the evening when the man realizes a terrible flaw in the agreement. (I don't know what that is yet:) and rushes back to the table where the Devil sits looking into is demonic pocketwatch. "I've changed my mind, I want to burn the contract!" the man shouts. The Devil calmly exclaims, "Ooh, I'm sorry to hear that. Well, I suppose you should burn the contract then." At this point the devil flashes a wicked grin and flings the matchbox across the table. "Oh and one more thing", the Devil says casually as he blows out the candle, "you have five seconds until midnight." (blow out the candle so nobody, including you, can see anything.)

In the pitch black the man has no choice but to guess. Out of 200 matches, one breaks the contract and all the others seal eternal ***ation. He reaches into the box and grabs blindly at a single match - strikes it against the box - and ignites the contract. (You do the same very quickly. So quick, that the audience actually percieves the motion as nothing more than a guess. You then ignite the flash paper contract, which goes up in a huge flash. At this point the lights come back on and you show the audience in your hand is the single smoldering, initialed match.)

PM me if you liked the story and want to know how to perform it. Smile
Sabrina
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of Sabrina
Niiiiicccceeee devil meets his fate sort of story. I have a possible method in mind, so PM coming at ya.

I never heard of a 500 year term limit on the devil's possession of a soul before...maybe I should have held out for a better deal? >:)

The contract shown above has changed over night...the bright red turned into a dried blood red (reddish brown). If that wasn't weird enough, dunking it into water turned it back into the brightest red again, as well as, causing the ink/blood to run. I'm looking for a better ink to keep it red, but that was worth noting.
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
I had the opportunity to do a rune reading this weekend which involves a triple runic prediction which is stored in my mermet pendulum with a witness chamber. I used Sabrinas flash parchment paper for the spectator to write down the three runes as they are "Chosen". In the past I have always had specs ask what kind of wierd paper is this when using traditional flash paper. I used Sabrinas beefy parchment stock and not a single eyebrow was raised. At the end of the reading when I offer the rune prediction to Loki to become manifest, Her parchment went up brilliantly with more flash and dazzle than I could have hoped for. She also shipped a small sample of her flash string which burns muck quicker, brighter, and with no residue. Much better than the normally available stuff. Her packaging is also unique in that it is heat sealed in heavy duty plastic bags, not a wimpy ziploc. Her graphic design on the pack also displays that she put time and thought into this product, and is not putting out anything less than PRO grade stuff.
Her prices are also more competitive that the "Traditional stuff".
She also makes those little rubber bands for your folding coins for you coin workers.
Contact her at her web address and support a local Gal, and friend of the forum. You won't be dissapointed. Besides she's really cute.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Routine or ideas for flash parchment? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL