We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » It Just Worked Out That Way! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2907 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Have you ever had an experience when performing where, after screwing up, an outcome happens unexpectedly that is very strong? For example, my story:

At my recent graduation party, I was throwing some card effects around. I was going to do the gag where the magician holds a card up to his face, face down, and asks the spectators to name a card. They name a cgard, you turn your card over and say "WRONG!!".... always gets laughs. So I tried it.. puled out the Four of Diamonds and asked him to name a card. Naturally, he sayd "Four of Diamonds!" I am more astonished then him when I reveal the card, but I do my best to contain it.

Any stories? Please share them!

Michael Kras
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My favorite one was while working a guy came in and said "do a trick". I dumped out my deck and told him to shuffle, I continued working, I then said 'think of a card and pull it out of the deck'. He said it wasn't in the deck, I knew it was a complete deck so I said "what was your card?", he said 'seven of clubs' so I said 'look in the box', it was there. Pure coincidence that he named the one card left in the box.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 15:06, MagicSanta wrote:
My favorite one was while working a guy came in and said "do a trick". I dumped out my deck and told him to shuffle, I continued working, I then said 'think of a card and pull it out of the deck'. He said it wasn't in the deck, I knew it was a complete deck so I said "what was your card?", he said 'seven of clubs' so I said 'look in the box', it was there. Pure coincidence that he named the one card left in the box.

This happened to me as well.

This got me thinking that leaving a known card or two in the box could pay off later.
Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
Once when I was performing I was using an old deck and many cards where signed already and I asked a lady to pick a card out of the deck when she pulled it out she was like oh my god how did you know ur physic. I didn't know wat was happening untill she was like how did you know my name by coinsidents it had her name already signed on the card by a previous person. I was like that's magic. that was a classic I don't think I could do that one again soon
she was freaked out
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Happened many a time to me over the years. I flubbed a card trick once and lost the card. I was about to go into my "save" when I tapped the cards on the table to square them up, but the table had a bezeled edge and the back part of the deck popped up a bit to reveal, you got it, the chosen card that I had lost. The audience went wild at my impromptu rising card effect.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » It Just Worked Out That Way! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL